Elusys Ra Arwal

[MOC] Forbidden Island

This is amazing!

Edited by JintaiZ

The trail is really nice, I think it was really good as a start. I'm looking forward to see how you work out some of the island features if you get to it again.

On 11/24/2020 at 2:42 PM, JintaiZ said:

Fantastic build!

Thank you!

On 11/24/2020 at 8:57 PM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

This gorgeous MOC remember me the game The Curse of Monkey Island ...amazing colors! :pir-wub:

I've never heard of that game before you mentioned it and it's colours and style sort of reminds me of Sea of Thieves game, which is kind of where I was leaning towards. I love its style and colour-scheme and the bay does give me some of its vibes so I tried to make a mix of both worlds.

On 11/25/2020 at 6:46 AM, Goldiebricks said:

10/10! Would buy this set in a heartbeat 

Thank you and me too! :pir-huzzah1:

On 11/27/2020 at 12:06 AM, Ultimo said:

The trail is really nice, I think it was really good as a start. I'm looking forward to see how you work out some of the island features if you get to it again.

I thought the little trail was coming up nice, also because from the front you wouldn't really see it, but I think I will make it from scratch and expand it a bit more.

15 hours ago, cy2cy2 said:

Following the new pirates of Barracuda Bay style, with my own twist on the amount of details and techniques employed, I tried to update that set, restyle and expand it. I added some natives structures like in the bay, a bridge, lookout mast and a small cave where some chests are stashed. There's a prison with a bluecoat skeleton, some cannons and a shack, were pirates can plot their new plunder.  v Speed Test

I don't understand this quote...

Wow, what a absolutely amazing MOC. Is there a trap in the house to the Jail, like the original? :-)

In my childhood, the forbidden island and the Eldorado Fortress were my absolute favorite models . 

@Elusys Ra ArwalWhat do you think, would it be possible one day to buy the .io-File or maybe the instruction on Rebrickable to make a dream come true and build it ourselves ? 

Edited by spall01

This is so great! I saw the title and thought it was just inspired. I was looking through for a few minutes before I said, "Oh, Right, The Bridge!" It is so well put together and so nicely detailed that at first glance I didn't catch just how much you had stuck to the original and it added a whole new layer of awesomeness when I saw it.  

Wow. What a wonderful job! 

I love this island. Just perfect! I do especially love the little cabin. :pir-huzzah2:

A lot of work went into this. :classic:

Keep coming back to this for more! I'm going to try my hand at making something as good as this when I'm reunited with my Lego after lockdown :) 

The temple part is my absolute favourite, and that's the best cannon design I've seen! 

This is the masterpiece! 

Can you please share instructions for the palms top part? 

I had an idea to try updating Forbidden Island, now I have no motivation, this might be one of the best mocs I've seen. I have only one suggestion: Build a gibbet, put a dead soldier in it and strap the old bandit's 'Keep Out' sign on him... 'Forbidden Island' really needs a warning/keep out sign.

On 12/13/2020 at 11:55 AM, spall01 said:

Wow, what a absolutely amazing MOC. Is there a trap in the house to the Jail, like the original? :-)

In my childhood, the forbidden island and the Eldorado Fortress were my absolute favorite models . 

@Elusys Ra ArwalWhat do you think, would it be possible one day to buy the .io-File or maybe the instruction on Rebrickable to make a dream come true and build it ourselves ? 

Hi @Elusys Ra Arwal, I really want to build this to my daughter but I really lack your talent...

would you be kind enough to share part list and instructions with me?

you’d make a family happy!

Thanks!

9 minutes ago, Mister Phes said:

@JintaiZ, this would make a fine frontpage post.

Sorry but I don't have access to the front-page.

44 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

Sorry but I don't have access to the front-page. 

I meant frontpage of Classic-Pirates.com, as in a blog post.

That looks great. I particularly like the stone and wood house with the suspension bridge.

This is such a high quality, faithful recreation of the original.  There's a considerable upgrade to detail in this, but it retains the classic elements and in appropriate proportions.  I like that the mast has been moved, and the ladders positioned so they can be used from the ground level as well as the upper floor.

Hello everybody,

I am sorry I haven't been around in a long while, but I've got a lot of work to do for my last tests and the thesis I'm writing. Because of this pandemic, access to public libraries is limited and thus research takes a very long time, thus keeping up with deadlines is very difficult, that's why I haven't had enough time to relax and enjoy this wonderful hobby with you all. Around Easter I might have some free time and I will reply to every message I've received. In fact I am going to share the building instructions for the 3 types of palm trees I used in this moc, as I did for the cannons, and maybe I will also share new pictures of forbidden island incorporating some of your suggestions.

Thank you all very much for the appreciation of my moc, the support and the suggestions shared!