Sign in to follow this  
Silver.Smith

[MOC] Medieval Haunted House

Do minifigs celebrate Halloween in the Castle era? We at Midwest Builders say yes! Our most recent MOC built for Brickworld Virtual as seen in the Eurobricks channel features kiddos trick-or-treating at the evil wizard's haunted house.
Two boys dressed as a troll and a knight run away after collecting their juicy (most definitely not poisoned apples) while the girl's dressed up as a princess and witch get their treats.

Check out more photos of the build in our Medieval Haunted House Album.

50553151222_a7372d0815_c.jpg

50553239167_74cb99470b_c.jpg

50552375668_217f725692_c.jpg

What a brilliant looking creation! The house is done really well, I love the stoney side bit on it with the walkway on the roof leading to it. But also the style of the house is definitely medieval looking, and the garden area definitely helps to that spooky vibe with the small cornfield bit with the pumpkin head scarecrow, I love it! 

That is an absolutely great house! And nice pictures, btw. Really nice spooky, halloween creation!

I can't work out which part of your build to single out for praise, there are just so many little details I love. I think perhaps the door is my favourite part. Especially with the wealth of castle-specific parts Lego have produced over the years, it's very tempting (and very easy) to just use an existing door piece and move on to other areas of the build. You... haven't. In fact, I can't remember seeing a MOC with a door so far from being an ordinary door shape - and yet it doesn't look silly.

Should I be afraid for the poor kids trick-or-treating? What with the child-sized scarecrow and the freshly-dug grave, it feels like they might not all make it back to the property line with their bags of sweets!

The base and the landscaping are excellent.  I like the way you did the wood work on the building.  The doorway is very nice, great idea with the bat there.  All the window frames look great and I like the irregular shape.  The roofs look great with the tiles.  The bridged walkway at the top of the house is a great idea.  The color choice on the trees matches nicely with the rest of the build.  Great job overall.  

I love the MOC and enjoyed your segment in the Virtual Brickworld.  I'm happy to see these pictures since the video quality was not quite good enough to see many of the details.  Great Halloween MOC - you really captured the spooky feel.  The lighting in the MOC was well done too.

Great build and so much details like the spiderweb, scarecrow and so on. the Wall looks great with the 'damaged' part (bricks are at sight) and even the trees looks creepy :classic: 
One of the most creative things I think are those coffin shaped windows on the first floor, nice one.

Beautiful architecture. Has a Nightmare Before Christmas look about it.  Clean lines and great colors, esp. the purple trees.  Love the coffin-shaped windows.  Excellent creation!

Love it!

The front door is amazing!

And the scarecrow is everything!

Well done!

So... this house is beautiful :wub_drool::wub_drool:, but the thing that strikes me most (apart the fascinating use of colors) is the fact that there is no quadrilateral but only rounded shapes. *oh2*

The architecture is impressive ...you deserved the front page! :thumbup:

Amazing as always Philip!  But I suspect Maria did the best parts.  ;-) 

The framing techniques for shaping the door and windows is genius!  

I really needed to see something beautiful like this.  I so miss the conventions and look forward to seeing you guys when it becomes possible again.  

What an amazing build. I love the style. There are many details without making it chaotic. It looks so easy to build. I really like the door and windows that looks like coffins.