Sign in to follow this  
Elostirion

[ESL - Troops] MCTC marching in Nova Terreli

50543650593_9d34362cc1_z.jpg

I just wanted to do a small scene in Nova Terreli again. A colourful house, a nice balcony, and
covered in vines all the way...

As MCTC needs to raise some more troops... they just happen to be walking in front of this
house in Nova Terreli.

As a result: No more story about this MOC. Just some MCTC soldiers marching through Nova
Terreli, before being deployed to their destination.

Inspiration taken from:

colonial-buildings-in-old-cartagena-colombia-david-smith.jpg   25901725-spanish-colonial-house-cartagena-de-indias-colombia-s-caribbean-zone.jpg   27301852-colonial-buildings-and-balconies-in-the-historic-center-of-cartagena-colombia.jpg

I like that lower story window design a lot. :thumbup:  Lovely vine too, as Brickwolf said!

Not only does this build have some great techniques and part usage, but the building is truly beautiful, too. The colors work great together, the way you have the vine climbing the wall before going onto the roof is clever, and the bars on the lower windows are fantastic details. To put it simply, this is a build I enjoy just looking at. 

I have to agree with Captain Genaro, the colours work really well together; although I'm having difficulty telling if the building is lime green or light yellow? I suspect light yellow but the contrast looks a bit weird on my monitor. The vines and lower floor windows are great!

Agreed - that vine is lovely, and it works fantastically with the light yellow and classic Nova T architecture!  Great looking contingent as well, and I'm quite liking those lower story windows with the crisscrossed bars.  Excellent job, mate! 

There's so much to like about this build: the vine (especially how it changes from vertical to horizontal surfaces), the colors (I especially like how the light yellow of the house connects to the yellow of the soldiers), and details like the bars of the lower windows. But I think Captain Genaro summed it up best:

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 8:55 PM, Captain Genaro said:

To put it simply, this is a build I enjoy just looking at.

It's like a fine painting, an image so well put together that it's pleasing to just look at. Bravo. :thumbup:

And to think that vine just started in the little pot :D

Makes me want to go some Mediterean place so well done!