marvelBoy123

[Q10 - Sneeve - TT] Horror, Torture and Cyborgs

*Your entry has earned 7 XP (x2 for limited challenge)*

The Triumvirate Inquisition - Personal notes of Admiral Gable Karius:

After Uogo'cor, a number of the pirates fled to Sneeve with them and a number of other groups terrorising the locals. The Sneevels had not been fond of the old empire, but they knew that there was nobody else who could help them and so reluctantly asked the Triumvirate for help. The sector had been something of a success story for the Triumvirate who had managed to bring law and order to Deysum and Uogo'cor already - two notoriously dangerous planets. As head of the Inquisition, I took control of managing the operation - a good thing as my interrogation expertise were required to capture the pirate stronghold.

Target:

Name: Erkus Kzam

Species: Keshiri (male)

Crimes: Affiliation to terrorist groups, theft of property, disturbing the peace, resisting arrest 

Recommendation: Interrogation followed by termination (to be handled personally by myself)

800x1067.jpg

800x1067.jpg

Well, I took the creature to one of the Triumvirates interrogation centres and we had a friendly conversation, he would have been able to leave the place (minus a few limbs) had he told me quickly what I wanted to know but alas he did not. The mess I had to make to get that man to talk... that said, a little water cleared me of the deed and I had a stormtrooper standing by to handle the full clean up. The intel would be enough to make a decisive move against the pirates and hopefully win the trust of the Sneevel population.

800x1067.jpg

Spoiler

While initially I lacked inspiration for this build, I felt like Karius would probably be a good horror character (you don't get much more scary than a physcopathic cyborg) and the idea developed from there. I wanted to use this build to show a response to some of my previous feedback - the torture table is on an angle and I worked on integrating the blood better (see murder on the frozen world). The blood especially was a lot of fun to put together and was heavily inspired by Bjorn's build on Hoth!

As ever I appreciate your feedback!

Edited by goatman461

Certainly fits with the blood and gore part of the prompt!  Well done with the blood flow on the interrogation table and pooling on the floor!  Building them both totally flush is a really nice touch, well done.  The angled table is great too, good job on working on that!  The Gleckle head works great for a Keshiri too! Great greebling and making it look like a cell block and I love the trooper with the tool on a tray.

This isn't really needed, but you could maybe have added more detail around the table, like a light or a stand with tools like a dentist's office?  Great build though, fits the prompt and makes you feel for the poor guy.

Edit: did you use LEGS for the door?! That's awesome! I love it!

Edited by DrMuttonchops
Added stuff

44 minutes ago, DrMuttonchops said:

Certainly fits with the blood and gore part of the prompt!  Well done with the blood flow on the interrogation table and pooling on the floor!  Building them both totally flush is a really nice touch, well done.  The angled table is great too, good job on working on that!  The Gleckle head works great for a Keshiri too! Great greebling and making it look like a cell block and I love the trooper with the tool on a tray.

This isn't really needed, but you could maybe have added more detail around the table, like a light or a stand with tools like a dentist's office?  Great build though, fits the prompt and makes you feel for the poor guy.

Edit: did you use LEGS for the door?! That's awesome! I love it!

Thank you for such detailed feedback - it is always nice to see people spot the little details. As a somewhat squeamish person myself I would rarely consider using blood in a major way in my builds but I figured it would be interesting to really focus on that for my horror build and I am glad you like the results. Another Keshiri head which works even better is the Thanos one from the mech set but I am saving that for some point in the future. I definitely agree that some kind of extra torture accessory could have added an extra something - I just wasn't quite sure where in the build to put it. Legs are one of my favourite lego pieces and I often try and get them into my builds: this door is one of my favourites but they also work well for landscaping, roofs and windowsills!