marvelBoy123

[K-12 - Kalist VI - TT] Horror in the desert

*Your entry has earned 9 XP (x2 for limited challenge)*

Following New Republic sanctions on training new stormtroopers, the Triumvirate had a brilliant and totally original idea: Brainwashing and training youths to become loyal soldiers for the cause. The 'Triumvirate Youth' organised activities designed to promote military skills and values in its young citizens and different Triumvirate sectors formed their own divisions. The 71st Carida troop had been on an expedition to old imperial prison world of Kalist VI. A night hike had however gone somewhat wrong when two of the children had sent out a distress signal.

800x1328.jpg

800x782.jpg

It appeared as though they had become trapped in some sort of creature which vaguely resembled a sarlaac. Troops had to be sent out under the supervision of Camp Commander Hert to rescue the children. 

800x1067.jpg

800x1067.jpg

It could easily have been considered simply a careless mistake if that had been the only strange occurrence on that camp but alas it was not....

Edited by goatman461

Really well done on the shaping of the mouth opening! That's really cool! Maybe you should add some tentacles that shoot out of the mouth. If nothing else, to please brother @Ross Fisher! ;)

Great entry!

1 hour ago, Darth Bjorn said:

Really well done on the shaping of the mouth opening! That's really cool! Maybe you should add some tentacles that shoot out of the mouth. If nothing else, to please brother @Ross Fisher! ;)

Great entry!

Thanks, tentacles is a good idea - I will see if I can add some in time for the deadline...

3 hours ago, marvelBoy123 said:

Thanks, tentacles is a good idea - I will see if I can add some in time for the deadline...

More tentacles = more creepy! (Just look at my entries) Man octopuses really do get a bad rap don't they? 

Great build, I love the buried helmet! Excellent job with the hinge plates to create the mouth, it's shaped very well! I'm always a sucker for trans neon green acid... I'm not sure if it's doable, but changing the tan and dark tan inside the maw's opening to a red color might be nice, since most of the creature's guts are red.

Very scary build man, glad those troopers came along but I hope they have a longer rope...

Thanks for the feedback, I definitely agree that it could do with red instead of tan in the maw area, it was something that bugged me even when I was building it but a complete swap would unfortunately show in the layers of rock on the outside. Hopefully I can do something about that when I add tentacles...

19 hours ago, DrMuttonchops said:

changing the tan and dark tan inside the maw's opening to a red color might be nice, since most of the creature's guts are red.

Agree with this, but otherwise it's a great build all round. Nice concept, well executed. I love the use of that torso for the female trainee. Well done!

On 11/1/2020 at 8:44 AM, Ross Fisher said:

Agree with this, but otherwise it's a great build all round. Nice concept, well executed. I love the use of that torso for the female trainee. Well done!

Thanks, definitely fun to build something more circular for once. I have tried to add red into the maw area now but it doesn't look right sadly I couldn't find any tentacles that might make it work either. That said I am still relatively happy with it and the idea is maybe a concept I can work on in the future...