Following th news of that New section in Legoland, do you guys believe that this could be a new theme? That would certainly be interesting! I am wondering what form it would take..

buildable creatures? Adventure theme with minifigs? At this point I don’t see how it could be a castle theme like I hoped. 

what do you think?

Unless I've missed some news, what we know about Mythica is quite vague. Still, if it is also a new theme for next year, I get the impression that either it's a Castle theme akin to the Fantasy era but with more emphasis on the mythical creatures or something set in an even earlier time period. Something Hellenistic-inspired would be an interesting take on the concept, and visually distinct from Lego's earlier releases.

It would be an odd decision (at least imho) to not capitalize on a potentially successful and popular ride by NOT at least making some sort of set or merchandise that ties into it. I could easily imagine a kid going on a ride or amusement, thinking the mythical creatures are cool, and then desperately wanting to purchase them as a set.

Just my two cents.

5 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

Unless I've missed some news, what we know about Mythica is quite vague. Still, if it is also a new theme for next year, I get the impression that either it's a Castle theme akin to the Fantasy era but with more emphasis on the mythical creatures or something set in an even earlier time period. Something Hellenistic-inspired would be an interesting take on the concept, and visually distinct from Lego's earlier releases.

Can’t wait to find out... I just Find  it weird that legoland would announce something before lego does...but I do hoe you are right.
Maybe lord of the rings Smashed with fantastic beasts :)

4 minutes ago, Mattah12 said:

It would be an odd decision (at least imho) to not capitalize on a potentially successful and popular ride by NOT at least making some sort of set or merchandise that ties into it. I could easily imagine a kid going on a ride or amusement, thinking the mythical creatures are cool, and then desperately wanting to purchase them as a set.

Just my two cents.

very true. I do hope for a new theme. I feel it would be something quite different from what we have now or had in the past few years... very exciting

What with the collectible minifigure lines and Harry Potter, there's now loads of mythical creature minifigure parts available - centaurs, the genie, Medusa, the Minotaur... I would be delighted to see any (or all!) of these return in a new theme.

I'm guessing it will be an adventure theme, pitting heroes against various monsters. Hopefully we'll get some nice brick-built mythical beasts though. The "C" in the Mythical logo has three different animals that look like a lion, a bird and a snake - maybe we'll get a brick built chimera, or possibly a Viking sea-serpent or phoenix?

I am hoping this line will be more like the LEGO Vikings line, with heroes going against giant brick-built mythical monsters. That would be very cool.

I love the idea of this as a theme, I think it would be a breath of fresh air amidst the constant sci-fi vehicle landscape that currently plagues LEGO, but I’m still not convinced this isn’t anything more than just a new part of the park. How do we know this will be a full fledged theme? The press release only talks about how they developed it as a theme park, there’s no mention of anything else beyond rides and attractions, or things centered around them. I wouldn’t get my hopes up, and unless someone who knows better than us chimes in and gives us an answer, I’ll assume it most likely won’t be a full theme.

Edited by NetherCreeper
Fixed some grammar issues

1 hour ago, NetherCreeper said:

I love the idea of this as a theme, I think it would be a breath of fresh air amidst the constant sci-fi vehicle landscape that currently plagues LEGO, but I’m still not convinced this isn’t anything more than just a new part of the park. How do we know this will be a full fledged theme? The press release only talks about how they developed it as a theme park, there’s no mention of anything else beyond rides and attractions, or things centered around them. I wouldn’t get my hopes up, and unless someone who knows better than us chimes in and gives us an answer, I’ll assume it most likely won’t be a full theme.

Someone over in the Historical Themes subforum mentioned a few weeks ago that they had insider information that the logo is also for a new theme. I don't think that's been corroborated anywhere yet, but the rumour hasn't come from nowhere

11 hours ago, NathanR said:

What with the collectible minifigure lines and Harry Potter, there's now loads of mythical creature minifigure parts available - centaurs, the genie, Medusa, the Minotaur... I would be delighted to see any (or all!) of these return in a new theme.

I'm guessing it will be an adventure theme, pitting heroes against various monsters. Hopefully we'll get some nice brick-built mythical beasts though. The "C" in the Mythical logo has three different animals that look like a lion, a bird and a snake - maybe we'll get a brick built chimera, or possibly a Viking sea-serpent or phoenix?

I believe the snake you refer to is a dragon if you watch the trailer.  I think someone here on eurobricks has said that it is a new theme coming next summer.  Hopefully it has minifigs.  It is definitely fantasy related but may not be a castle theme.  Hoping we hear more news before the end of the year.  

12 hours ago, Alexandrina said:

Someone over in the Historical Themes subforum mentioned a few weeks ago that they had insider information that the logo is also for a new theme. I don't think that's been corroborated anywhere yet, but the rumour hasn't come from nowhere

That's close enough to coming out of nowhere.

Edited by Mr. President

Unfortunately as much as I want this to be a thing, the context behind the land’s creation is that it was supposed to be a LEGO Movie themed world, but once the announcement was made that Universal would be handling movie rights moving forwards and the Warner Brother “LCU” would be phasing out of relevance, Legoland panicked and had to come up with a last-minute reskin to optimize the assets they already had. If I had to guess, this is going to be something created exclusively for Legoland parks, and more than likely won’t have any sort of set tie-in.

At the very least, we might get one of those Legoland park exclusive sets like the recent Ninjago shooting gallery coaster thing.

It’d be a shame if there was no accompanying theme as there is a wealth of material to cover. They’ve already previously touched on mythology with Orient Expedition sets, Vikings creatures and CMF characters.

On 11/1/2020 at 4:11 AM, DuckBricks said:

Unfortunately as much as I want this to be a thing, the context behind the land’s creation is that it was supposed to be a LEGO Movie themed world, but once the announcement was made that Universal would be handling movie rights moving forwards and the Warner Brother “LCU” would be phasing out of relevance, Legoland panicked and had to come up with a last-minute reskin to optimize the assets they already had. If I had to guess, this is going to be something created exclusively for Legoland parks, and more than likely won’t have any sort of set tie-in.

While this sounds very likely and your intentions are probably good, I'd just like to say that it doesn't hurt to hope though, and you could have left it to us to be disappointed if nothing came out of it :( at least we were going to enjoy the speculation and excitement for a couple months, if they were really going to say that no physical theme would accompany the park theme. Now i'm just sad and disappointed, even before having factual reason in front of my eyes to be sad and disappointed.

A new mythical theme would've been awesome, for me. I really wished for some new fantasy - castle like minifigures and prints. I don't have the space, money or time to build actual castles anymore, but i still like to collect castle minifigs and fantasy races. This theme gave me such hope for something new. I honestly really disliked the prints and (much too bright imo) colour patterns from the most recent castle line (was it 2013-14? Red and black dragons, bright blue and white lions?). At least the last couple cmf series had two great torsoes for castle (the yellow and black ravens are sweet, and the fright knight had that plain flat silver torso that was just so useful), and there have been also some decent single minifigs from other lines, like some fire demons from nexo knights (a theme i totally disliked for everything else) or a couple torsoes from ninjago. And some fantasy minifugs from cmf. Cmf is really saving my interest in Lego, honestly. If only they didn't make all those, dc, batman, disney figs it would even be better. 

I'm sorry if this comes out as a rant, i don't have anything against you, i just love lego and find it a pleasant hobby-distraction from this shitty world and situation, and was really hoping for this new theme. 

There is nothing concrete yet but lets hope this is an actual theme.  Maybe we will see something more official next month.  

On 10/30/2020 at 5:31 AM, Mattah12 said:

Just my two cents.

I could imagine it, but contextually it remains an optimistic proposal with regards to the mindset of the average amusement-park-faring child.

This, in my opinion, is much more likely:

On 10/31/2020 at 9:11 PM, DuckBricks said:

...but once the announcement was made that Universal would be handling movie rights moving forwards and the Warner Brother “LCU” would be phasing out of relevance, Legoland panicked and had to come up with a last-minute reskin to optimize the assets they already had. If I had to guess, this is going to be something created exclusively for Legoland parks, and more than likely won’t have any sort of set tie-in...

I have no foreknowledge of any Winter or Spring products under the "Mythica" brand, or, for that matter, anything along those lines at this point in time.

DUDE this is exactly what I hoped for! Down to the name... I really hope this is a theme that focuses on famous mythological figures and events. We could get lines based on Greek mythology, Norse, Egyptian, etc. Imagine getting a really good Hydra, or a Scylla and Charybdis set with one of those Greek Warships. Imagine a proper lego KRAKEN, with a Viking warship! The cool head molds for the Egyptian gods and goddesses... I doubt it'll be anything like this, but a man can dream.