evanridpath

Galaxy's Edge: Millennium Falcon Smuggler's Run

50544995817_633d61eac3_k.jpgLEGO Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge by Evan Ridpath, on Flickr

Bright suns, travelers!

Ever since building and sharing my miniature diorama of the Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge layout based on the early Imagineering concept art in 2016 (long before the official name had been announced and many referred to the developing expansions at the time as “Star Wars Land,”) I had convinced myself that I was going to build larger, minifigure-scale sections of Batuu once the land was open and the details of Black Spire Outpost could be experienced up close and personal.

After pouring through as many reference photos, videos, and concept art as I could get my hands on, I now present a minifg-scale display of the entrance/facade to the Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run attraction, home of Ohnaka Transport Solutions.

With the iconic Millennium Falcon docked out front of the curved hangar bay, beneath the rocky spires of an alien world, this section of Galaxy’s Edge is perhaps what we all think of when we think of a perfect amalgamation of the visual aesthetics of not only the Galaxy’s Edge experience, but Star Wars in general.  I worked diligently to capture all the details I could pack in at this scale, attempting to blend the natural landscape of the Batuu spires with the weathered and lived-in hangar building.  Using the 75257 version of the Falcon (with some minor exterior modifications and added greebles), the rest was built up and around to create a bustling corner of Black Spire Outpost for Hondo Ohnaka to conduct his smuggling operations, while avoiding the suspicion of the First Order patrols.

50544156083_59afa2b583_k.jpgLEGO Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge by Evan Ridpath, on Flickr

50545008737_efa5ed5368_k.jpgLEGO Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge by Evan Ridpath, on Flickr

50545016512_de192464b0_k.jpgLEGO Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge by Evan Ridpath, on Flickr

50545003617_f67fbc8564_k.jpgLEGO Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge by Evan Ridpath, on Flickr

The full collection of photos can be viewed on my Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/99976931@N06/with/50544156083/

Thanks for checking out my design!  Good journeys to you all— Til the spire!  

Edited by evanridpath

Amazing build!

I think gray baseplates will work better than green ones though.

This makes me want to go to Galaxy's Edge. I haven't gone yet.

Absolutely stunning, the building and rock slopes are excellent and even with just a few figures in there you’ve brought the scene to life brilliantly! It’s the perfect way to display the Falcon, great job :)