Sign in to follow this  
Fraunces

[SR - FB] BirdBase - The Sereen Cay

As the postal system kept enhancing around the more advanced islands in the Brick Seas, the island known as the Rock was in need of a structered postal office too. For the Fraunces brothers this seemed a great opportunity to get ahold of information regarding valuable transpo.. to professionalize and organize there trading network more efficiently. An office was erected and became the place where much information on the island went through. Passing ships delivered and transported mail but not as much as the offices' own collection of doves, crows, parrots, owls and hawks. All trained to pick up and transport valuable information. A crate filled with letters of marque from the archduke of Terraversa had just been delivered here: and passed onto a young female Sea Rat captain looking for some action and adventure (which will be a new secondary character of mine). Like all Sea Rats, the pirate in command of the station is not really a type to be a typical postal-officer. He likes to fill his days by entertaining passers-by, by playing harmonica in duet with his saxophone-playing monkey-assistant.

Postal office

Postal office 2

~~~~

I got the idea of the harmonica from some other nice ship I found while scrolling through google, don't know from where.. The postal office idea ofcourse from multiple fellow brethren :wink:.

Good story and a lovely female Sea Rat captain. I am already looking forward to reading about their adventures.

I like the scenario. Nice post office with a tower and a landing stage.

Edited by NOD

Very nice build. The spier and the post office look both very good, I like the weathering effect on the wall, very fitting for a seaside building, and the accordion looks good too.

Nice build! The scene looks so calm and tranquil, you can almost hear the sound of the ocean and the music from the well-built accordion. I really like it!

On 10/29/2020 at 4:15 PM, JintaiZ said:

Nice build!

On 10/29/2020 at 4:27 PM, evancelt said:

Loving the accordion!

On 10/29/2020 at 9:30 PM, Professor Thaum said:

Wow ! This one is beautiful, I like it !

That post office is really nice... the accordion is a nice touch !

On 10/30/2020 at 4:48 AM, NOD said:

I like the scenario. Nice post office with a tower and a landing stage.

On 10/30/2020 at 12:03 PM, Bodi said:

Very nice build. The spier and the post office look both very good, I like the weathering effect on the wall, very fitting for a seaside building, and the accordion looks good too.

4 hours ago, Khorne said:

Nice build! The scene looks so calm and tranquil, you can almost hear the sound of the ocean and the music from the well-built accordion. I really like it!

Many thanks guys! 

On 10/30/2020 at 4:48 AM, NOD said:

Good story and a lovely female Sea Rat captain. I am already looking forward to reading about their adventures.

You will!

Lovely job Fraunces! I saw this on Flickr the other day and was instantly impressed. It's a great merging of the classic style with modern techniques and the way you have given the plain white walls texture really lifts the whole build. I especially like the use of the SNOT headlight bricks. I use them facing the other way all the time but have never considered using them with the bottom facing out as you have here. It gives a nice new texture that I haven't seen before. The accordian is great as well!

12 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

Lovely job Fraunces! I saw this on Flickr the other day and was instantly impressed. It's a great merging of the classic style with modern techniques and the way you have given the plain white walls texture really lifts the whole build. I especially like the use of the SNOT headlight bricks. I use them facing the other way all the time but have never considered using them with the bottom facing out as you have here. It gives a nice new texture that I haven't seen before. The accordian is great as well!

Good to hear, especially since I took a lot of insipiration from your builds! 

6 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

Classic nostalgia to the max! Also the female fig is really nice!

Thanks man! It's a style which always inspires me and I believe everybody loves :head_back:

I like this build a lot. The overall design and layout is well done, and prevent any part of the build from just looking empty. I like the parts usage to create the greebling along the white walls and quay. Really clever ways to make a collection of bricks go further. Best of luck to the new captain, and I look forward to reading about her adventures in future builds. 

Excellent build, and a great mix of classic and modern techniques. All together, the build is comes together perfectly. Great Job!