Sign in to follow this  
SirNadroj

Quest for the Golden Ants

theaterindex.gif

We find our hero in another adventure. On the outskirts of an African jungle, Indy goes to return an ancient Golden Ant to it's original shrine. But besides hordes of killer Siafu Ants, our friend is not alone...

(Again, this is for an e-Klocki building contest.)

1-86.jpg

2-79.jpg

3-72.jpg

4-61.jpg

I had lots of fun making these guys:

5-55.jpg

Any thoughts? =-)

~SirNadroj

:thumbup::tongue: geez, how do you have time for all these?

but on topic, really great! i see you made up your own scene this time. the positioning of the ants must have taken you a while. nice paint jobs on the ants and the pedastel. how did you make him have 4 arms?

Again awesome work SirNadroj :wink: . I really like the four armed statue and the touch of golden you add to it. Great job :thumbup: .

Edited by darkrebellion

Holy Ants! And that rock formation looks awesome, good use of those cheese wedge pieces. Great job! :sweet:

Excellent piece of MOC you have there. The custom golden ants are very well-done. I want to have this as one of the treasure too. :wub: Love this quest of yours, especially with the army of ants charging towards them. The cliff is done in a very nice and simple manner. :sweet:

A very cool work with an especially smart landscaping and a very fine shrine! Just lustrous! :thumbup:

What Gold Spray do you use?

I had one but it wasnt as good as yours...

So many ants! I love the cliff design it is really good.

As others have asked how did you give that guy four arms?

This is an awesome MOC, especially the four-armed statue! Hope to see more Indy MOCS from you!

As for the MOC, that is awesomeness! I feel like the scene is literally crawling with those ants. Very nice effect with the gold ants on top as well. This is one of those vingettes that you can show to non-Lego people and still get a reaction from because of it's attention to detail and quality design.

As for the paint job, I don't consider it cheating if it brings something positive to the creation. I always use a blank torso (white if I have an extra) so the print doesn't come through. For some reason, gold is my favorite as well. I use a regular spray paint from Wal-Mart. I have a few scrap Lego that I use as a base and paint each piece individually, with tape around the neck peg and flat on the bottom of the torso so that the parts still fit when I put them together.

As for the arms, I wish I was at home so I could tell you what drill bit to use, but I have a superhero and a villain with four arms. You just carefully drill under the exsisting arms holes (leave a little space). If the bit is the right size, the arms fit on and are just as secure as the factory-made holes. The only drawback is that you can't lower the upper arms. To get the torso to go all the way down on the leg assembly, you have to cut a little off of the leg assembly pegs. An exacto knife works well for this. Just be careful, because some leg assemblies are more brittle and will snap off with enough pressure.

Sorry if this turned into a tutorial. I always admire you guys that take the time to build and share with the rest of us. This is one of my favorite MOCs, so keep on brickin'!

This is great. My eye is especially drawn to the shoreline - visually very striking. :classic: