So I recently got a new computer, which necessitated upgrading to Windows 10. I was able to find workarounds for most of the annoyances that caused (as evidenced by the Windows 7 style taskbar in the image below), but when I installed LDD and tried to launch it, it came out looking like this:

ldd-broken.png.5eb61b908a7a68655401e18a9de99020.png

Crazy scanlines all over the place, and an error message I can't read. You can't really tell in this picture, because it's been shrunk, but each line is only about one pixel in width, they're just grouped together real close in places. The lines stay there when I actually open the build editor. They seem to be in a fixed pattern rather than appearing randomly or moving around. As far as I can tell, the program seems to function more or less normally, but I can't see 90% of what's happening on the screen. I can't even tell if the font is displaying normally or not.

I've already tried reinstalling it and repairing the installation, but the problem persists. What is happening, and how do I fix it?

If you tried to install LDD on a clean system too, that should exclude that the problem is due to the modifies you tried on Windows 10 to remove the "annoyances" (I suggest you to avoid this kind of practices on a main PC, they cause more problems than many people think).

Anyway it seems to be a graphic card driver problem. What's your graphic card/IGP? Is the PC a notebook or a desktop one? Did you tried to install graphic drivers from the manufacturer's website after properly cleaning the pre-installed ones?

I believe it's a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti, and Intel(R) UHD. I'm downloading the new drivers now (the NVIDIA one looks like it might take a while), and if that doesn't work, I'll try uninstalling the various fixes (they can all be uninstalled very easily, and for the most part don't do a whole lot of tinkering under the hood. The aforementioned taskbar replacer is probably the most complicated one of the lot, and it's basically just cosmetic. The standard taskbar is still there if I need it). I'll let you know how that turns out.

Alright, I tried uninstalling all the Windows 10 fixes, and the problem didn't go away, though it does manifest slightly differently than it did before. Now hovering my mouse over an interface button causes the pattern of the lines to change until I stop hovering. Still green and obstructing everything, though. I'm gonna need a new solution.

Did you try to force LDD to use a specific graphic card?

Try with nvidia first and Intel if it don't solve the problem. Otherwise you should apply more drastic measures (clean video card driver with specific tools, restore Windows, ... ). Note that some video card driver could drop in some way the support to old APIs, and LDD is an old software. Try to remove all fancy options from graphic cards settings too.

Edited by Calabar

You should be able to do that from graphic cards software (usually accessible from the specific icon in the trybar).

Try with Intel software before, otherwise with nvidia one.

Alright, forcing it to use the Intel card didn't work, but forcing it to use the NVIDIA card did. Thanks for your help.

You are welcome. :classic:

So it seems a problem due to the Intel graphic driver. Nothing so strange really! :grin: