SaperPL

[MOC] Mini 8x4 truck with all wheels independent suspension

So I did a thing to test out whether a specific kind of independent suspension with drive would work:

The build features:

- 8 wheels with rubber band suspension

- 4 front wheels steering on small turntables

- 4 rear wheels driven through knees with cogs

- triple differential setup with one differential per rear axle plus one differential combining them together

- inline 8-cylinder fake mini piston engine between the front wheels

The build is a pretty dirty build made with leftovers from my two cyber cruiser units, so it's more about the suspension than the externals.

Is there any chance of a photo for the front wheels? They look just like what I need for my small flatbed truck I want to build. P.S it kind of reminds me of an airport fire truck :)

4 minutes ago, EDL Bricks said:

Is there any chance of a photo for the front wheels? They look just like what I need for my small flatbed truck I want to build. P.S it kind of reminds me of an airport fire truck :)

I'll try to open it up and make photos of the suspension units from the inside.

The idea behind the front steering column is simple: put a 6641 clutch lever on top of the small turn table (between its mounting points) and lock it up with three 6536 pieces to the top of the turn table and 3L axle.

All the rest is figuring out how long axle you want to put inside, how to attach rubber bands and how big wheel you want to use.

It's great to see so much functions at a build this scale!

18 hours ago, EDL Bricks said: