Just now, Mechbuilds said:

@Snazzy BricksBWE = Bucket Wheel Excavator 42055

Ohhh :)

I remember the first Technic set I was interested in was the 42053. Of course, 4-5 years ago I probably wouldn't have been able to do the pneumatics, being only around 10

Edited by Snazzy Bricks
The cake was a lie

14 minutes ago, Snazzy Bricks said:

I wasn't sure about Zavii

Bricklink I'd need one of my parents to make an account

If it's real stuff... then 42096 has a discount too.

6 minutes ago, Snazzy Bricks said:

Ohhh :)

I remember the first Technic set I was interested in was the 42053. Of course, 4-5 years ago I probably wouldn't have been able to do the pneumatics, being only around 10

Prices didn't go up much

Just now, JintaiZ said:

If it's real stuff... then 42096 has a discount too.

Yeah, I think it's about the same discount that Amazon has though. The only sources I've found saying Zavii is legit is talking about Steelbooks on reddit :l

Just now, Snazzy Bricks said:

Yeah, I think it's about the same discount that Amazon has though. The only sources I've found saying Zavii is legit is talking about Steelbooks on reddit :l

Actually... it's $10 cheaper on Zavvi... only if you trust that...

30 minutes ago, Snazzy Bricks said:

:excited: I'm not 18 :P

In all seriousness though, I'm not ready to spend $200+ on a single set.

Neither am i, i get that there is Fast and Furious branding all over the box, but if you look past that and delete the nitrous bottles and perhaps fix the blower, it is just a pretty good looking muscle car

As for the supercars, i totally get that, and i wasnt really advocating moving from the ~$100 range to those sets, more pointing out that if you get 42096, and ever get close to a 42056, you will forever feel like 96 is a bit of a poor man's porsche. I have my 56 sitting proudly on display, and i just cant get myself to drag 96 out of storage,

3 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

I think 42111 is a good set, but I doubt ordinary technic fans will buy it...

42115 blows 42056 away, but then 42083 blows 42115 away...

That is all personal i guess, to me my pimped up 56 blows 83 away, and given that 115 doesnt bring much new to the table other then looks (which im not 100% sold on), im guessing that if i were to get 115, i will still prefer pimped 56 to it.

As for not getting 111, i dont know, the F&F branding might be a double edged sword causing lots of people to not take it seriously as a technic set, but any petrolhead with an appreciation for american muscle should totally get it IMHO, stripping it back to a non-F&F spec car is peanuts, and it provides a good base to make your own version of a charger (as long as it is black :P)

1 minute ago, vectormatic said:

Neither am i, i get that there is Fast and Furious branding all over the box, but if you look past that and delete the nitrous bottles and perhaps fix the blower, it is just a pretty good looking muscle car

As for the supercars, i totally get that, and i wasnt really advocating moving from the ~$100 range to those sets, more pointing out that if you get 42096, and ever get close to a 42056, you will forever feel like 96 is a bit of a poor man's porsche. I have my 56 sitting proudly on display, and i just cant get myself to drag 96 out of storage,

That is all personal i guess, to me my pimped up 56 blows 83 away, and given that 115 doesnt bring much new to the table other then looks (which im not 100% sold on), im guessing that if i were to get 115, i will still prefer pimped 56 to it.

As for not getting 111, i dont know, the F&F branding might be a double edged sword causing lots of people to not take it seriously as a technic set, but any petrolhead with an appreciation for american muscle should totally get it IMHO, stripping it back to a non-F&F spec car is peanuts, and it provides a good base to make your own version of a charger (as long as it is black :P)

Nah, I meant I'm not 18 so I couldn't comply with Lego's age recommendations :D

Interesting though! I may never buy one of the $200+ supercars, and then my (future) 96 won't feel like a let-down

I take 111 rather seriously, having never watched the F&F franchise, but it just seems like a lower-level design for what you're paying. Anyway, I'm more into the smooth shaping of european supercars ;)

30 minutes ago, Snazzy Bricks said:

Is 42112 in the same scale with 42093?

I don't think so. I would place 42093 at the same scale as 42009 and, of course 42098.

42112 is similar to 42078 and 42108. Both are considerable smaller than 42098:

423_wr_31473.png

Edited by anyUser

9 minutes ago, Snazzy Bricks said:

Does that mean it's to scale with 42108?

Haha, coincidentally this was in my Youtube Recommended

Not exactly the same scale but I'd say they're pretty close in scale.

By the way, 42098 will give you tons of playability, and it's a great display model as well.

Edited by JintaiZ

11 minutes ago, Snazzy Bricks said:

Does that mean it's to scale with 42108?

Depend's on what you refer by "it".

Width and lenght of 42108 and 42112 are similar. But because the crane is shallow (flat) model I find it difficult to tell (without reference to real world machines).

1 minute ago, JintaiZ said:

By the way, 42098 will give you tons of playability, and it's a great display model as well.

And it is a nice motivation to look for and build further cars to put on the decks.

Edited by anyUser

2 hours ago, Mechbuilds said:

Bucket Wheel Excavator 42055

That set I just a dream, got it for only 160€!!!!! (Yes, it's real, but it was 1.5 years ago...)

To answer the question:

Wouldn't go for the Volvo.

Concrete mixer: seems nice to me, though I don't own it.

The 42096 is the one I'd go for: you said you like the 911, and this set also has quite a lot of alt. builds on rebrickable for example.

Also, you can MOD it completely freely, it seems like this set was made for that.

45 minutes ago, anyUser said:

Depend's on what you refer by "it".

Width and lenght of 42108 and 42112 are similar. But because the crane is shallow (flat) model I find it difficult to tell (without reference to real world machines).

And it is a nice motivation to look for and build further cars to put on the decks.

This is probably the exact opposite of how to measure scale, but 42108 and 42112 both use the same chair elements

Just now, chlego said:

That set I just a dream, got it for only 160€!!!!! (Yes, it's real, but it was 1.5 years ago...)

To answer the question:

Wouldn't go for the Volvo.

Concrete mixer: seems nice to me, though I don't own it.

The 42096 is the one I'd go for: you said you like the 911, and this set also has quite a lot of alt. builds on rebrickable for example.

Also, you can MOD it completely freely, it seems like this set was made for that.

I'm looking towards Crowkillers' HOG mod for 42096. Curious though, why wouldn't you go for the Volvo?

1 minute ago, Snazzy Bricks said:

Curious though, why wouldn't you go for the Volvo?

Playability isn't that good, and some people doesn't like the looks either...

If you look at https://brickinsights.com42096 has the highest rating, followed by 42081 and lastly 42112

Edited by JintaiZ

Just now, JintaiZ said:

Compared to the 42096 playability... :P

I think it look stunning, but i do wish it had suspension or a drivetrain

Curious though, why wouldn't you go for the Volvo?

It is too expensive for what you get in my opinion.

Also, doesn't bring any new parts for me. This set is just not made for me.

Features are limited too, I mean, look at the 42030: I have it, and it's (after the Bucket Wheel Excavator), the best set I have.

Just now, Snazzy Bricks said:

Compared to the 42096 playability... :P

I think it look stunning, but i do wish it had suspension or a drivetrain

That's a possible issue... also parts are an issue too, at least to some people.

Just now, JintaiZ said:

also parts are an issue too, at least to some people.

For which set? The 42096 or 42083?

Just now, chlego said:

For which set? The 42096 or 42083?

3 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

Totally agree...

Say parts aside, and if I found it for MSRP...?

When you could get 42098 (1326 pieces more) for only $164...

I would only pay for 42081 at 25% off.

Edited by JintaiZ

Just now, JintaiZ said:

When you could get 42098 (1326 pieces more) for only $164...

Yeah, but it doesn't exactly cry out to me :l

if you know what i mean

2 minutes ago, Snazzy Bricks said:

Yeah, but it doesn't exactly cry out to me :l

if you know what i mean

And for the same price you could get 42096, which has 413 more pieces.