Just now, chlego said:

So what do you think right now?

Which one would you go for?

Can't decide between the three.

Outside of technic, I'd go for 21309!!!

Just now, Snazzy Bricks said:

Right now I'm thinking I might get all three, but in the order I'd buy them:

42081 -- Which I'm still on the edge about

42112 has double VIP points, so you might want to change that a bit...

I waited until the reviews of 42096 were published ... and then bought 42077. I see no point in the 42096 set. If you really like cars my advice would be to rather wait for the Jeep or Senna next year. There are good reasons to hope the Jeep will be more technical advanced than 42096. Or if you prefer looks then wait for the Senna.

42112 also felt a bit boring. Same price point as 42108 but less functions.

I would actually choose 42081. It's the most technical set out of the three, and we are talking about Technic sets right?

8 minutes ago, Gumalca said:

I waited until the reviews of 42096 were published ... and then bought 42077. I see no point in the 42096 set. If you really like cars my advice would be to rather wait for the Jeep or Senna next year. There are good reasons to hope the Jeep will be more technical advanced than 42096. Or if you prefer looks then wait for the Senna.

42112 also felt a bit boring. Same price point as 42108 but less functions.

I would actually choose 42081. It's the most technical set out of the three, and we are talking about Technic sets right?

Interesting. Again, given that the 911 is one of my favourite cars, I'm probably going to buy it anyway, but I am waiting for the Senna.

I love the aesthetics of 42108, but I'm not that much into cranes

I think I'm going to let 42081 take a back burner until my birthday :shrug_oh_well:

The jeep and senna will be the same size as the corvette, so roughly half that of the 911, not really comparable

As for technical advancement, even IF the jeep has proper suspension, it wont have a proper engine, and i will eat my proverbial hat if it has awd, steering and suspension, imho people are expecting way too much out of it

1 hour ago, vectormatic said:

The jeep and senna will be the same size as the corvette, so roughly half that of the 911, not really comparable

As for technical advancement, even IF the jeep has proper suspension, it wont have a proper engine, and i will eat my proverbial hat if it has awd, steering and suspension, imho people are expecting way too much out of it

Of course I don't know what the Jeep will offer. And yes the Corvette does not have suspension and the Senna will not have too. But for me the Porsche is not more technical interesting than 42037 for example, and that is less than 1/3 of parts. But if you like Porsches and like the set's look (me not so much, I don't like the headlights) than go for it.

12 hours ago, Gumalca said:

me not so much, I don't like the headlights

I don't know why all hate the headlights. I think they look ok, especially when you consider that they had to make ssomething else than the 42056, and also when you consider the originality of their idea.

16 minutes ago, chlego said:

I don't know why all hate the headlights. I think they look ok, especially when you consider that they had to make ssomething else than the 42056, and also when you consider the originality of their idea.

The headlights are too high and bulbous, i changed mine so the front end of the canopies drops below the panels in front, meaning they looks less like a bubble sitting on top of the car.

17 hours ago, Snazzy Bricks said:

Interesting. Again, given that the 911 is one of my favourite cars, I'm probably going to buy it anyway, but I am waiting for the Senna.

The Porsche will probably retire when the Senna comes out...

3 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

The Porsche will probably retire when the Senna comes out...

True. I'll have to pick up the Porsche, and maybe grab the Senna when it comes out

Also, I'm 99% sure this site is legit:

https://www.chowrentoys.com/

It's in the Brickset buy listings, and based in Washington state

That's where I found 42081 for MSRP

19 hours ago, vectormatic said:

i changed mine so the front end of the canopies drops below the panels in front, meaning they looks less like a bubble sitting on top of the car.

Can I see a picture?

Still deciding? Amazon currently has $30 off for the Porsche.