Sign in to follow this  
NOD

[BTV1-TER] defence build Kings Port: Operation Hedgehog

So that Kings Port might have a chance and the course of the war is less one-sided, I choose the following defence strategy: Operation Hedgehog

50541189907_416a90fbd2_b.jpgDSC08622 by Philippe, auf Flickr

The highly visible trap is a distraction. You can't see the real trap. There is a wasp's nest on the palm.

- recruited Capital City:  270 men per MRCA

- If the Oleander ships are also involved in combat, then they will be attacked with Greek fire, Byzantine Ceramic Greek Fire Grenade and fire ships.

- The enemy artillery is attacked and destroyed by guerrillas mercenaries from behind during the nights.

- Guerrillas mercenaries attack and destroy supplies from behind during the nights.

- All residents of all ages in Kings Port help with the construction.

- All men and women over the age of 18 in Kings Port are called up to the resistance. The recruits are trained by mercenaries.

- The city is defended by soldiers, mercenaries and the resistance.

- The windows and doors of the houses are barricaded.

- Tunnels are dug under the houses to quickly get from one house to the other. Barrels with gunpowder are deposited in the tunnels so that they can be blown up.

- They produce bottle bombs and sling. The bottles are filled with gunpowder and iron splinters.

- They produce Byzantine Ceramic Greek Fire Grenade.

- Pitfalls are dug and sharp bamboo branches are stuck in the ground.

- The snipers are positioned behind barricaded windows and other cover. Each sniper has several loaded muskets. In addition, he has helpers who load muskets, observe, throwing bottle bombs, throwing ceramic grenades and protect him from attack with pistols.

- Bees and wasps' nests are blazoned in the trees. They are startled by a musket shot and attack the oleander soldiers when they are nearby.

50541189897_ac5ca113c4_b.jpgDSC08608 by Philippe, auf Flickr

Snipers in position.

50541048641_26210ab448_b.jpgDSC08651 by Philippe, auf Flickr

The hatch on the floor leads into the tunnels.

The Terraversa Song increases motivation and strengthens the will to fight against the invaders:

♪♪ Stand up, damned of the Earth ♪♪

♪♪ Stand up, prisoners of starvation ♪♪

♪♪ Reason thunders in its volcano ♪♪

♪♪ This is the eruption of the end. ♪♪

♪♪ Of the past let us make a clean slate ♪♪

♪♪ Enslaved Terraversa, stand up, stand up. ♪♪

♪♪ The world is about to change its foundation ♪♪

♪♪ We are nothing, let us be all. ♪♪

50541189842_fa6b1ba3fc_b.jpgDSC08599 by Philippe, auf Flickr

The attackers are pelted with bottle bombs.

As a defence strategy I wrote down everything that occurred to me.:devil_laugh:If something doesn't follow the rules, just leave it out. :innocent2:

I estimate Oleon has at least a Division 810 soldiers in the area at Kings Port. Only Oleon knows the exact number. As a defender for NPC, I'm at a disadvantage because I don't have any information about the number of soldiers I own. That should be improved with the land combat rules when someone builds something for NPC.

I hope that I have at least 1 regiment of 270 men available in Capital City.

Arch Duke Oldis is the past. The Terraversa people want to be free. The soldiers will join the people and the resistance. The mercenaries have already received their pay. Now they are fighting for something good.

Freedom for Terraversa!

21 hours ago, NOD said:

Arch Duke Oldis is the past. The Terraversa people want to be free. The soldiers will join the people and the resistance. The mercenaries have already received their pay. Now they are fighting for something good.

Freedom for Terraversa!

Aye! Freedom for Terraversa! :pir-huzzah1: 

Nice build, especially the interior scene, and neat military strategy! My first hope now is a fight between the King’s Port Commune and Oldis’ soldiers! Anyways, we’ll see soon how well the defenders will fight and how much of your plan could be accomplished with the resources (namely gunpowder, flammable substances and hornet nests), the weapons and the manpower they have in and outside the city, also considering that no foreign ship can arrive on the island without a fight with La Royale.

10 minutes ago, Keymonus said:

without a fight with La Royale.

Say W0000000t - are you declaring war on every nation in the Brick Seas! :pir-tongue:

Nice build, NOD, and good to have a volunteer for TV. There are some learnings from this as to what is the expected approach, but for the first defense build, and for an NPC, it is a very good start.

great build @NOD, I was considering doing the TV defense build, but I had no clue what to do, and I'm glad I didn't since you really had some much better ideas for strategy! 

The build is quite put together, and I love the interior. All it's missing are some dead Oleander soldiers! :pir-huzzah2:

Edited by Mesabi
forgot something