Sign in to follow this  
nocruoro

Lego Digital Designer wont fit properly version 4.3.11

I use a small lenovo laptop which is 13 inches wide x 8 inches tall but in maximized mode it does not want to fit properly with the 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution the end result is like this where all of the colors in the brick selecter aren't
visible

The only way it "works in maximized form but the lower colors don't show up instead and in that mode i have to hove the cursor higher than normal to select to right command. And i cant use the mouse to custome the size. (I am aware that Studio 2.0 is available but it freezes my laptop very often)

I've never seen this program having resolution difficulties. Any help for windows 10?.

1.jpg

Edited by nocruoro

I don't know how exactly, but windows just doesn't work well for me.

4 minutes ago, SylvainLS said:

Are you sure the definition is 1920x1080?  Or is there a zoom / HDPI setting somewhere?

Yes the image is a direct print screen button screenshot. WIndows 10 Home Version (My version doesn't have HDPI) and there are no settings in Lego Digital Designer itself.

Edited by nocruoro

Your image is 800x600 and it’s stretched (16:9 stretched to 4:3).  That’s why I asked.

And I was talking about a setting in Windows that would zoom on LDD.

768 lines is just enough for LDD.  1080 is plenty.  As you say LDD has no settings for this and it’s plain dumb about the screen size, therefore something is wrong with your system.

15 minutes ago, SylvainLS said:

Your image is 800x600 and it’s stretched (16:9 stretched to 4:3).  That’s why I asked.

And I was talking about a setting in Windows that would zoom on LDD.

768 lines is just enough for LDD.  1080 is plenty.  As you say LDD has no settings for this and it’s plain dumb about the screen size, therefore something is wrong with your system.

Actually the image was resized so i could use the image attachments here but it didn't show up so i just added the modified image to brickshelf

Even if it was scaled and stretched, that’s not how LDD looks on a 1080 lines display.  Obviously, the colour palette is cut but all the parts categories show with 1080 lines (even when maxed as yours are) (13 full lines of categories, not 7½).  Same for the width: there should be more space between the groups of icons on the toolbar (more difficult to quantify).

So, again, either your whole display is not at 1080 or LDD is zoomed in / magnified, and that’s not LDD’s “fault”: something else is doing it.

56 minutes ago, SylvainLS said:

Even if it was scaled and stretched, that’s not how LDD looks on a 1080 lines display.  Obviously, the colour palette is cut but all the parts categories show with 1080 lines (even when maxed as yours are) (13 full lines of categories, not 7½).  Same for the width: there should be more space between the groups of icons on the toolbar (more difficult to quantify).

So, again, either your whole display is not at 1080 or LDD is zoomed in / magnified, and that’s not LDD’s “fault”: something else is doing it.

I found it was a display scale which has the default set at 150......its fixed (however my pc says programs might not respond properly with changed size) but LDD is fine