Sign in to follow this  
Captain Genaro

[BTV1-OL] Loyalists Join the Cause

50541686238_c1e7142d9c_c.jpgP1130806 by Capt. Genaro, on Flickr

The rapid advance of Olean troops caught Terraversa’s defenders by total surprise. With most troops quickly routing in the face of the superior foe this left a pleasant surprise for many. Arsenals with fresh powder, shot, and enough arms to supply whole regiments were left unattended, and it did not take long for the Terraversans to realize this. While most of Oldis’ allies fled from the advancing Oleanders, the loyalists took advantage of this opportunity to quickly arm themselves.

Loyalist leaders gave inspiring speeches to the ever growing crowds. Merchants who long suffered Oldis’ oppressive customs officials, farmers whose yield diminished with every increase in taxes, laborers who struggled daily with basic survival while the fruit of their toil was increasingly enjoyed by the archduke and his cronies. It didn’t take much to remind the diverse crowds that things were never this bad under a king.

50538874196_c9a541f969_c.jpgP1130775 by Capt. Genaro, on Flickr

And so men lined up, eager to take arms (arms their taxes had paid for). For some it was loyalty to a proper king, a king who ruled with divine right. Others were swayed by a promise to return to laissez faire economics which saw Terraversa thrive. Still some were swayed by revenge (for 20 years of civil war earned Miro Olids quite a few enemies on the island).

Man after man strode up to the table, signed his name (or the closest approximation he could make), and grabbed a musket off the rack before marching off to camp where a hot meal and uniform awaited them. Many of the men had never held a musket before, let alone fired one in anger, but the Olean soldiers were not worried. A week’s worth of drill would teach them the basics well enough, and what they lacked in experience they more than made up for with zeal.

Edited by Captain Genaro

Nice build @Captain Genaro, I like the roof technique, and the figure usage and posing is quite good as well. You do need to fix your photos, however, the first is broken, and they're both private on your flickr.

Very nice build, I like that part-intensive roof, and the wall, and the windows. The alternance of tan and green plates on the ground look good too. 

It's also great to see the Tvsans arming themself and joinng the bluecoats to overthrow the tyrant. 

Good story and a nice wooden house. I would like to see more photos.

21 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

Nice build!

Thank you. 

18 hours ago, Mesabi said:

Nice build @Captain Genaro, I like the roof technique, and the figure usage and posing is quite good as well. You do need to fix your photos, however, the first is broken, and they're both private on your flickr.

I'm glad to hear it. The roof is probably my least favorite portion of the build, but I'm glad you like it. 

And thank you for letting me know about the photos. I generally keep them private until I get the thread up, but I don't know what happened to the first link. Should be better now. 

14 hours ago, Bodi said:

Very nice build, I like that part-intensive roof, and the wall, and the windows. The alternance of tan and green plates on the ground look good too. 

It's also great to see the Tvsans arming themself and joinng the bluecoats to overthrow the tyrant. 

Very kind words, Bodi, thank you. You're right, the build was very parts intensive, but I think the effect on the walls especially is worth it. 

7 hours ago, LM71Blackbird said:

Traitors of freedom! The whole lot of 'em! :pir_mad:

Anyway... :look: great looking build overall. I like the busy look of the scene. Well done! :thumbup:

The true traitors are those who defy the gods and the king.:pir-grin:

Anyway... thank you for the compliment.  

7 hours ago, NOD said:

Good story and a nice wooden house. I would like to see more photos.

Thank you very much. I added one more photo (the link was broken), but I don't have any more.