Sign in to follow this  
Darnok

[BTV1-TER] Resistance is... not futile!

War is raging all over the island of Terraversa, with Oleon forces ravaging and plundering in most of the settlements. Some places were apparently overrun by the invading forces, others were standing strong - for the time being? Kings Port was somewhere inbetween: having faced one of the hardest blow during the first wave of attacks, it had not been a decisive victory for Oleon either. The streets around the harbour had become rivers of blood, every house in the city center a battlefield of its own.

And still...

Not all of Kings Port was aflame yet. In some of the outer quarters civil life was still going on somewhat normal. People walking through the streets, living the illusion of a war that might never see them.

hC3Q2i1.jpg

And still...

Leaflets encouraging Terraversans had shown up in many places all over Kings Port - looking suspiciously professional. Where Oleon soldiers found them they were quickly taken down, but in places like these they could hand for a while, with curious crowds gathering:

xgrQvzj.jpg

FREE AND LOYAL CITIZENS OF TERRAVERSA!

Fear not the difficult times ahead of us!

Know that Oleon has attacked our homes and lifes without provocation,

and we will not let them have it their way.

Know that your efforts of the last years were not in vain,

and we will fight and defend them together.

Know that no tyrant has ever overcome free and united minifigs,

and we will throw those Oleon devils back into the waters from where they came!

Rise and fight! For freedom, home and Terraversa!

And to you Oleanders: you better leave as long as you can.

Return to your home and loved ones now,

or be sent back dissassembled and scratched!

zjoxtTd.jpg

The words made an impression on anybody reading them. Any open discussion about such matters was dangerous these days though, so the locals got together in the relative safety of their homes. While the last years had not been easy, it was true that Terraversans had built up something independent from the old days under Mardier. It might not be a luxuries palace for everyone, but Terraversans were proud of their clean and respectable homes nonetheless!

EqH1GMu.jpg

Inside, the discussion was fierce:

"What do we have to lose? I'd rather fight and have a chance to live on the life I know, than give up and cover under the rule of yet another greedy monarch far away!"

"What do we have to lose? I ask: what do we have to gain? Why not just sit this out, keep our heads low, and live with whoever comes out on top?"

"I understand your fears my friend, and still: these tough times challenge us either way. I can not see where this will end, only where it started. And it was not us invading anybody, but these bluecoated bastards."

After some back and forth, the woman raised her voice, angry at first, more and more confident over time:

"Listen here me fellow minifigs. You know me, I have fought for this island and its people in the past, and I am willing to give it all again! My scars prove my words, you know me. I have not fought for our freedom in the past and seethe lifes we have built just so some greedy crown-wearer in blue can trample all over it. Nu-oh, I will stand and do what I can to resist! See, our nations proud troops might not be able to defeat those invading forces for the time being - maybe we have to accept defeats and losses here and there. Maybe we have to live with some of these Oleon leeches for some time. I am no seer, nor a grand strategist or general - I was and still am a soldier in the field. And I tell you: we know this field much better than they do. Those bluecoat soldiers are but paid minifigs far away from home - but we fight on our land for our freedom!

Let it be known far and wide: every Terraversan minifig can do its part to resist, no matter whether it is big and small. I say we start an underground resistance of the common minifig right here and now! Fight Oleon in any situation, by all means possible. Make their presence here so miserable, their losses so unbearable, they will soon enough wish to never have set a foot on our soil!

Do we still have those brown coats we used in ambushes when fighting Mardier? Get them dusted off I say. Get what weapon you can, be ready to strike when the opportunity arises. Browncoats unite!"

srN9Xv7.jpg

With those cheers a new form of resistance had been born - out of desperation maybe, but hope as well. Only time would tell where and how this resistance could tip the balance.

"BROWNCOATS UNITE!"

P.S.: Some shots of the whole build without minifigs under the spoiler!

Spoiler

AO9g71D.jpg

EIDVdjU.jpg

kTApEsS.jpg

Edited by Darnok

I really thought those bar code tiles were pretty useless... but prove me wrong! :pir-grin:

A glimpse into occupied King's Port - great idea and it makes a nice change from all the action scenes! I like how the colour palette helps convey the peaceful nature of the scene compared to the harsh battle scenes in other MOCs - that was really clever. Hopefully the good people of Terraversa rise up en masse to throw off the shackles of Oleonese tyranny!

Great build @Darnok, and excellent story. The build came together quite neat, and like the interior. The cabinet, and roof both stand out in the build.

6 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

I really thought those bar code tiles were pretty useless... but prove me wrong! :pir-grin:

I totally agree here!

Interesting story. I hope Kings Port gets a lot of resistance. I like how the individual scenes were photographed. It gives the impression that it is a large building or several buildings. Good deception.