After a lot of tries, I managed to get a paddle shifter with return to center!

The key to do this was to make a small shifter without any knobs, similar to the one in the Chron or in the Sian, but which is more compact.

There ae two main differences with @Charbel's design : since mine has a return to center, it is a bit heavier. Also, I put only one paddle instead of two (like in WRC cars) for two reasons. The first one is that I could get something a bit smaller. And the second one is that, to me, it's simpler to use. With a single paddle, no matters how the steering wheel is turned, we know that when we push the paddle we shift the gears down, and when we pull the paddle we shift the gears up. Whereas with two paddles we can do anything with one side.

On 2/12/2021 at 4:06 PM, Anto said:

After a lot of tries, I managed to get a paddle shifter with return to center!

Hello, I replicate it (but with a different column of wheel because I couldn't see it) and the return to center had a little problem on mine : if you pull too far on the paddle, it doesn't return to the center. So I suggest a 1x1 beam  limiter (at least on the replicate) which stop the moving 1x5 beam putted at this place :

https://ibb.co/VvMH35N[/img]

Big up for you two, it's a wonderful feature !

Edited by Bluehose

On 2/12/2021 at 9:21 PM, Touc4nx said:

Nice !
It's quite bulky, but I guess you can't really make it smaller…

You're right, but when it is integrated into a model it's possible to remove the parts with the frame so the shifter is more directly integrated into the model and that looks more compact! :wink:

@Bluehose: I've never had this issue. Maybe it comes from the column. Mine is able to limit the motion of the mini-LA, I don't know about yours.