KDog

Are there Mold Variations of the LEGO Crown Headgear 71015?

I was certain that I once had a Chrome Gold LEGO Crown Headgear piece (#71015) without any ridges on the inside. (It allowed me to place a crown over an old school spaceman helmet in my comic!) But I lost that piece recently and every attempt to buy a replacement has been a crown with ridges on the inside, which makes it impossible to use the crown as I once did. Does anyone know if there was a running change to add the interior ridges for more stability, and when this might have changed?

Thanks!

Kevin

12 minutes ago, 1963maniac said:

Bricklink shows a variation of 87940.

Very interesting, but there's no description of what that is. Perhaps it is the variation I'm thinking of and both versions were alternatively included in the same sets?

Edited by KDog

17 minutes ago, KDog said:

Very interesting, but there's no description of what that is. Perhaps it is the variation I'm thinking of and both versions were alternatively included in the same sets?

I'm assuming one is the older version and the other is a new version, but I think both works the same way.

4 hours ago, KDog said:

Yea, Bricklink used to have a listing for each variation. Now they just put it all together without information on the differences. And, you can't find sellers for them either because they only have one listing for all variations.

49 minutes ago, 1963maniac said:

Yea, Bricklink used to have a listing for each variation. Now they just put it all together without information on the differences. And, you can't find sellers for them either because they only have one listing for all variations.

That's unfortunate! I'll have to see if I can find a seller who will check for the version I need.