Sign in to follow this  
pantelis

[Moc] Red Lions Castle

Hi to all , one more creation for me insired from the lovely classic age and from one base plate that i love and was to the 6086 lego set.

Before some days i make a moc inspired from the 6054 lego set and i want to put them together.

So i try to make a castle with clean lines and some new parts but with a classic fealing for my red lions soldiers..so the result is one the pictures !!

50520663993_41f9fb6c61_o.jpg

50521565422_81da3ac29d_o.jpg

50521565407_95b76ff43b_o.jpg

50521565682_af99f3f67b_o.jpg

50521565417_ccbbfb8b5a_o.jpg

50521565587_a49bac89ee_o.jpg

Nice use of that base plate.  I have one of those base plates too and am always experimenting with builds for it.  I really like what you have done simple, yet has some nice texture and I like the red roofs.  I like the tall slender windows and the use of the large gate doors.  

11 hours ago, Sarophas said:

Once again, very simple yet great wall techniques and very nostalgic! Keep 'em coming :thumbup:

Thank you very much for this.. Iam glad you notice the feeling of the build!! 

5 hours ago, zoth33 said:

Nice use of that base plate.  I have one of those base plates too and am always experimenting with builds for it.  I really like what you have done simple, yet has some nice texture and I like the red roofs.  I like the tall slender windows and the use of the large gate doors.  

Thank you one more time zoth for your feedback and to this creation. I really like this nostalgic classic base plates.. It's hard to fix something out of the original lego set to this base but for sure I enjoy it..!! 

I love the brickwork style you went with on this castle.  Like with your other MOC, you've added just enough extra detail to make this MOC interesting while still being a believable/potential set/kit.  The castle fits very well on the raised baseplate and the tower is an especially nice touch.  The roof supports for the tower (round 1x1 bricks and plates) are superb.  The occasional buttresses around the walls and tower are nice details and there seem to be just the right number of (and right sized) windows.

I'll leave two minor critiques. The first is that the roofs are a bit plain - I like the few dark blue slopes you included in forestmen MOC and think some dark red slopes would be a nice touch here.  The other is the use of the pre-fab wall pieces, though using the printed ones helps a bunch.  What you did for that sized tower might be best, but I'd be curious if you tried any (non-square) brick-built towers.

Thank you for sharing your MOC.

16 hours ago, jtooker said:

I love the brickwork style you went with on this castle.  Like with your other MOC, you've added just enough extra detail to make this MOC interesting while still being a believable/potential set/kit.  The castle fits very well on the raised baseplate and the tower is an especially nice touch.  The roof supports for the tower (round 1x1 bricks and plates) are superb.  The occasional buttresses around the walls and tower are nice details and there seem to be just the right number of (and right sized) windows.

I'll leave two minor critiques. The first is that the roofs are a bit plain - I like the few dark blue slopes you included in forestmen MOC and think some dark red slopes would be a nice touch here.  The other is the use of the pre-fab wall pieces, though using the printed ones helps a bunch.  What you did for that sized tower might be best, but I'd be curious if you tried any (non-square) brick-built towers.

Thank you for sharing your MOC.

Iam really glad for this feedback. i like that you see all this details of the build and you give some good ideas to change some thinks. i have some dark red slopes that i will replace the red to see how looks like.

The all build was in 1 day so i think i can change some of the parts in your feedback

Thank one more time for your comments.

5 hours ago, SteamSewnEmpire said:

Very classic.

iam glad you enjoy it

27 minutes ago, SATSOK said:

Well done m8 :)

Thank you very much my mate for this!!

15 minutes ago, Lego David said:

Excellent MOC, I love the use of the Raised Baseplate!

Thank you very much for this..iam glad you enjoy the build!!

Not many builders utilize the old castle bases.  You did a great job incorporating and I like the red/grey color palette.  Knights look great as well.  It's really nice to see classic castle with modern design.  Love the use of the brick pieces.  Excellent!

32 minutes ago, WesternOutlaw said:

Not many builders utilize the old castle bases.  You did a great job incorporating and I like the red/grey color palette.  Knights look great as well.  It's really nice to see classic castle with modern design.  Love the use of the brick pieces.  Excellent!

Iam really glad for this feedback.

This is the reason that i was very careful with the build. I think its very deficult to make something with this lovely classic bases.

I try something with clean lines , some new parts but always with classic fealing. I hope i made it..

23 minutes ago, pantelis said:

I try something with clean lines , some new parts but always with classic fealing. I hope i made it..

I certainly think you did, nice job!

I like this a lot!  The castle overall has some nice shaping, particularly I like the central tall tower rising from the rest of the structure.  Good integration of the raised baseplate too. :thumbup:

1 hour ago, mrcp6d said:

I like this a lot!  The castle overall has some nice shaping, particularly I like the central tall tower rising from the rest of the structure.  Good integration of the raised baseplate too. :thumbup:

Iam glad you enjoy the build. I was 50/50 with the tower if I can't put it there. But I think was good. This base plates are just one of the best parts. It's difficult to mocing them but when you make something the rusult is good!! 

Always love when people mix old and modern Lego and this is one of the best jobs I've seen. As others have said, very nice work. :pir-love:

6081 was one of the sets that ushered in my dark ages... if it had been more like this, that might not have happened.  Lovely build.

7 hours ago, Legocity2713 said:

Always love when people mix old and modern Lego and this is one of the best jobs I've seen. As others have said, very nice work. :pir-love:

Thank yoy very much for this great comment.iam glad you feel some good classic vibes from this creation!!:classic:

3 hours ago, fhomess said:

6081 was one of the sets that ushered in my dark ages... if it had been more like this, that might not have happened.  Lovely build.

this is a great feedback for me many thanks..i hope some day lego give as some new castle sets..i think many afols around the world wait for this many years !!!

19 hours ago, Redroe said:

Nice nostalgia trip there. Is there an interior?

thank you Redroe for this feedback..yes i post some photos here.you can see the wall that i can put it out and make it playable.

50549615816_3af565e3ad_k.jpg

50548881958_fd3aaca83f_k.jpg

50549615621_c095f8be37_k.jpg

25 minutes ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Beautiful castle, I've never had one and this is a great inspiration! :pir-wub:
Thanks for sharing interior photos, I would like to do the same MOC! :thumbup:

Thank you very much for this great comment.. Iam glad you enjoy the build and gives you some inspiration for your future Moc!!