Ayrlego

[COR Troop] Dragoon Camp, Mesabi Landing

Major William Bradley; the commanding officer of the Crown garrison in Mesabi Landing, had long been calling for re-enforcements to keep the WTC in check. Now his calls had been finally answered, yet he seriously wondered if he would have been better off managing without the new arrivals.

Firstly, he had no warning that a re-enforced battalion of heavy cavalry were coming. Thus he had no accommodation prepared for the 180 troopers, their horses, support staff and logistics train. Secondly, cavalry? Were high command serious? He'd now have to spend most of his time ensuring some hungry WTC marine didn't make of with a horse to prepare for supper! Or prevently a full on revolt when some arrogant cavalry officer lynched a WTC member for stealing his horse or insulting his honour or... whatever...!

For now the new arrivals have set up camp just outside the Crown's fort. Luckily the WTC have seemed somewhat distracted of late, so hopefully he could settle the cavalry in before the real trouble started....

50535492518_89a38e9472_c.jpg

A quick build to raise troops in Mesabi Landing. Troop builds are all the rage these days! But mostly because I just got a shipment of new Brickarms cavalry sabres and wanted to show them off!

Looks tasty great @Ayrlego! I love the look of the troops, but the terrain and tents don't disappoint either. The Tree looks excellent as well, and I love the addition to the settlement.

The story is great as well, and I love the worries of Major Bradley.Thanks for building in Mesabi Landing!

6 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

He'd now have to spend most of his time ensuring some hungry WTC marine didn't make of with a horse to prepare for supper! 

5 hours ago, Mesabi said:

Looks tasty

:iamded_lol:

There has to come some kind of following up on this haha

Great troop-show off Ayrlego *oh2*

6 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

Troop builds are all the rage these days!

A Sea Rat would begin to grow scared if we weren't the best fighters on land with the fastest ships on the Brick Seas.... :innocent:

Wonderful MOC. I love the colors for the ground, and I've got to try that SNOT technique for building up irregular bases. Nice tents, and good overall posing and presentation! Another example of your fine work! :thumbup:

8 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

I just got a shipment of new Brickarms cavalry sabres and wanted to show them off!

That's all the reason you need. :pir-grin:   And they look good!

20 minutes ago, Capt Wolf said:

Wonderful MOC. I love the colors for the ground, and I've got to try that SNOT technique for building up irregular bases. Nice tents, and good overall posing and presentation! Another example of your fine work! :thumbup:

That's all the reason you need. :pir-grin:   And they look good!

Looks great @Ayrlego! I love those BrickArms cavalry sabers - we should adopt them as official Corrish equipment :bonaparte:

So many troops, the Brick Seas are in quite a bustle these days!  Real nice to see some of the camp life here, great simple but effective tent design.  Those sabers are so much better than the official ones!

Just a nitpick - the posing/angle on that white horse facing the tree is a bit of an eyesore.