Sign in to follow this  
Mesabi

[BTV1-TER] Form an Orderly Line

Type: Terraversan Support Build

"Form an Orderly Line, and please leave all non-essential belongings on the bridge." Shouted a Terraversan Soldier through a megaphone. People bustled and murmered on the small bridge, one of several on the Drake River.

50534737183_e3ec7a0aa5_z.jpg

As Oleon had invaded the island, civillians had fled to the last safe bastion of Teraversa, Westface.

"Name?" Asked the screener.

"Harold Burton." Said the Refugee.

"Occupation?" Continued the screener.

"Cobbler." Replied the Refugee.

"Can you fight?" Asked the screener, this time with a tinge more emotion.

"No." said the old refugee, sadly.

50534736828_9a93761481_z.jpg

Further down the line, children cried, and a pig squealed, the only belonging a farmer had been able to take out of his home.

50535612302_9648c89ffc_z.jpg

Things deemed 'useless' by the Terraversan authorities were cast to the side of the bridge.

50534736568_4c953d0fa6_z.jpgForm an Orderly Line by North White, on Flickr

While they were glad to be alive, there was little hope in the eyes of the refugees. Soon, Oleon would sweep west, and they'd be forced to submit, or flee Terraversa altogether. 

50535612012_aaee925800_z.jpg

Under the muskets of the soldiers, stationed to prevent panic or worse, Oleander armies, the line moved slowly onwards.

50535611742_710b0de294_z.jpg

Truly, these were dark times for Terraversa.

50535611602_5834c7a277_z.jpg

FIN

C&C appreciated. This is a bit darker of a build, but I'm happy with how it turned out. I briefly considered a bridge battle scene, but I've been enjoying painting the different angles of the conflict. Lighting isn't as good as I hoped it would be, it was sunny enough to not have to use my usual set up, so I thought I'd try with sunlight instead. I'm not sure if it worked as well, so I might retake the photos. Thanks for viewing!

Well built scenario. The happening appear real because of the photos from different angles. I can see the fear on the faces of the fleeing people. The pieces of luggage lying around underline the drama.

The lighting of the photos fits because it looks gloomy and it fits the happening.

This is really good. I think the yellow masonry on top instead of the dark gray is a subtle way to add to the structure. I think between the lighting, the faces, and the story you captured a consistent tone. I like the added layer of the plight of the refugees to the war, adds depth and complexity.

Nice to show another side of the war. It's a well-built scene and the people bringing their belongings make it feel more real and tangible. You're on a roll!

Solid build, the minifig choice and placement is perfect, as is the choice of expressions. Well done! :thumbup:

Quite a grim story. Appropriate of course, even though I couldn't help but wait for the usual dose of Mesabi humor...

Good minifigs selection, good posing, the bridge looks good, I also like the attention paid to the details such as personal affairs left behind, piled on the side of the bridge.