As soon as I first heard rumors and rumblings around the 2012 Monster Fighters line (on this very website, come to think of it), I knew I'd be hooked. Having grown up with the LEGO Studios Monster sets, these were very much my jam. It was like we were getting more detailed, updated settings and monster minifigures from that line, except it was real, instead of being confined to a movie set. So naturally, I ended up buying all of them (except for two sets) from this line, and still get them out every year before Halloween.

That being said, I felt like this theme was ripe for expansion, especially after I purchased several spooky CMFs. So after a few Bricklink orders, I managed to add to the existing sets from this line-up, including my Witch's Grove MOC. With that being said...

Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

1280x1079.jpg

The lead witch with her sssssssssplendid familiar:

1280x719.jpg

And kudos to LEGO for gifting us with this wonderful fig stirring the pot. Works great as a Renfield, Igor, or (for me) another witch! (Just keep that brain jar away from the zombies!)

1280x719.jpg

And while there's plenty I love in this MOC, the crystal ball with the leering skull gets me every time. Such a cool effect!

1280x719.jpg

Some more angles:

1280x719.jpg

1280x719.jpg

1280x719.jpg

1280x719.jpg

Of course, not even witches can hide from the tenacious Monster Fighters!

1280x719.jpg

Which includes Frank Rock jamming out taking out one of the witches with...what else? A (holy?) water pack!

1280x719.jpg

Along with the adventurous Ann Lee fighting fire with silver stakes (at least now we know how she got that scar)!

1280x719.jpg

A few more angles on Frank's water pack. This is probably one of my favorite quick-builds I went through while building, as it fits the Monster Fighters having some thematically appropriate weapon for fighting witches. I tried to build them a vehicle, but, uh, let's just say it could use another go. Photos are on my Bricksafe folder, though I'll probably try and make something that looks meaner, and closer to some of City's Firefighter sets with a water-turret in the rear.

1280x719.jpg

1280x719.jpg

1280x719.jpg

1280x719.jpg

1280x719.jpg

In any case, hope you all like it! This build was actually an improvement on something I had tossed together years ago, taking the parts from the tree that made up LEGO Studios' Werewolf Ambush to make the archway, including the eyes. This is more naturalistic than that, but still has great atmosphere, I think, especially paired with the Monster Fighters' The Werewolf tree, making for a spooky forest setting. Anyways, thanks for looking! Comments, feedback, and questions are always welcome!

:pir-skel: Happy Halloween! :pir-skel:

Edited by Mr Maniac

Not bad! Definitely feels like it would fit in with the MF theme. In hindsight, it seems odd that they didn't have a witch in the theme, although I suppose witches are just humans with magical abilities and therefore don't really qualify as monsters.

While the proton water pack is fun, It definitely needs a vehicle too since even the smallest MF set had one. I'd recommend looking at some fire trucks from the 1920s like the one they have at Disneyland and build one in dark red, maybe with a water cannon in the back as you mentioned.

Do you have any other expansions planned?

I really like it! Nice built. I like that kind of small builts much more than large MOCs.

Edited by The Reader

I'm a fan. Nice and compact, but easily expandable if you suddenly felt it was in want of an extension - I know it's not a groundbreaking technique, but I always like MOCs that take advantage of Technic bricks like that. I had no idea a minifigure head would fit inside one of those crystal ball pieces - not sure why it's never occurred to me to try, but you've opened my eyes somewhat there