mpj

[42098 C model] Scania truck and steering trailer

Dear all,

I show you my latest alternative model: Scania truck and steering trailer.

img_1525.jpg

The truck is a Scania Next Generation in 1:21 scale.

img_1480.jpg

It features:
- HOG steering
- opening doors
- tilting cab
- fake V8 engine
- adjusting rear height

img_1482.jpg

img_1492.jpg

img_1489.jpg

It is in the same scale as my Volvo FH truck

img_1506.jpg

The trailer is a flatbed trailer with 2 steering axles. The steering system is directly connected to the truck fifth wheel.

img_1529.jpg

img_1531.jpg

Instructions available on rebrickable.com and mocsmarket.com

I hope you like it!

Great build, looks really great and works good to. Unbelievable that it is a c model. Only thing I don't like that it sits a little to low, but maybe that's just a problem for me because I motorized it.

8 hours ago, arjan400016 said:

Great build, looks really great and works good to. Unbelievable that it is a c model. Only thing I don't like that it sits a little to low, but maybe that's just a problem for me because I motorized it.

It is a showtruck, that's why it is low :grin:

Good build @mpj the low ride gives it better handling and better aerodynamics to cut through the air.  Beautiful model overall!!   

This looks great!

I'm considering purchasing the instructions, but I was wondering, how difficult would it be for a beginner to rise the whole truck by one stud?

4 hours ago, Xour said:

This looks great!

I'm considering purchasing the instructions, but I was wondering, how difficult would it be for a beginner to rise the whole truck by one stud?

Hi! If you want to have more clearance on the bottom you can remove pieces on the bottom of the sideskirts and the bumper. If you want to mount everythig 1 stud higher or move wheels one stud lower, then it is more complex.

7 hours ago, mpj said:

Hi! If you want to have more clearance on the bottom you can remove pieces on the bottom of the sideskirts and the bumper. If you want to mount everythig 1 stud higher or move wheels one stud lower, then it is more complex.

Thanks, appreciate the reply! Would it be too much to ask for a picture without some bottom pieces? Thanks again!