Sign in to follow this  
Elostirion

[ESL - Troops] Mercenaries in Fuerte Unido

50532259888_b051328f2d_z.jpg

Eslandolan Mercenaries at the Sea are marching towards the coast near Fuerte Unido on Isla de la Victoria
in the Brick Seas. Those veteran mercenaries will soon set sail for Terraversa - neither for glory, nor for their
families, nor for freedom. All they are in for is their decent pay. They are professionals through and through,
veterans of many battles.

Those troops will be licensed by MCTC.
I tried to stick with the Fuerte Unido style as closely as possible. Posting Greencoats inbetween vegetation
is actually not too easy. I hope the uise of olive green and lime green works out so that the greencoats are
still clearly visible...
The torsos are custom printed, and have both front and back. If anyone is interested I might share the files.

Boy that lime really pops!  Brilliant contrast with the olive.  Nice collection of ESL soldiers too, puts mine to shame!  How hard is it to custom print anyways?  I mean, what kind of machine do you use?

Gotta agree with Kai: the lime really looks great! And I love the classic green vest torso for the soldiers.

The old watch tower harkens back to the origins of Fuerte Unido, too. Well done. :thumbup:

13 minutes ago, Kai NRG said:

How hard is it to custom print anyways?  I mean, what kind of machine do you use?

- Download some torsos which some great person created from some site (I think it was Bonapartes Custom Torsos somewhere here in the pirates forum)
- In a decent photo editing tool (Photoshop, Gimp, ...), do
  a) Some color-editing, or add a button, or whatever you like to those torso
  b) Properly adjust the size / scaling
- I use my HP 277dw Laser printer (multifunctional device for around 350 €, I assume any laser printer would do)
- I use some random stick-on label paper (links see below)
- Always make sure to have a test-print on white paper before!
- Hardest part is actually cutting it properly with a random scissors
- Then split the two parts of the stick-on label paper (usually that's easy at the edges, but as I cut those away it takes some seconds; finger nails might help here; be careful not to fold it too hard, that my harm the printing)
- Then just stick it on the torsos

To sum it up: Everyone can do this, hardest thing might be the color laser printer.
Executing it decently isn't too hard either (I really am not an expert at precision engineering, but my results look fine).

There may surely be better ways, better sticker paper, better ways to print it, to cut it, and so on. But I am not even sure if those ways would look better in large MOCs anyways...

https://www.amazon.de/Herma-8634-Adressetiketten-Adressaufkleber-selbstklebend/dp/B000M249G2/ref=sr_1_5?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&crid=14OFMBKCR0177&dchild=1&keywords=herma+ettikettenpapier&qid=1603728782&sprefix=harma+ettik%2Caps%2C188&sr=8-5

https://www.amazon.de/Herma-8637-Universal-bedruckbar-selbstklebend/dp/B000M249F8/ref=sr_1_6?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&crid=14OFMBKCR0177&dchild=1&keywords=herma+ettikettenpapier&qid=1603728782&sprefix=harma+ettik%2Caps%2C188&sr=8-6

10 minutes ago, Elostirion said:

- In a decent photo editing tool (Photoshop, Gimp, ...), do

what do you use? What is most easy for  a digital noob me

Very nice MOC!

Thanks Elos!  That sounds considerably easier than I had thought it would be!

That's a nice looking build Elos, i quite like the olive and lime green terrain. You did a great job with the custom torsos, and they look basically like genuine lego torsos.  The little watchtower looks great as well. Excellent job!