Bardan_Jusik

The Nightwolves, Monster Hunters for hire.

20200924_17160620200924_171822

Rienne, founder and leader of the Nightwolves. Rienne founded the Nightwolves after hunting the vampires responsible for her husband and daughter's deaths. After surviving the attack she sought out knowledge on how to kill what took her family and this search led her to Merrick. She has raised a direwolf named Ashla that she found in Mitgardia on a job.

20200924_171859

Aurelios- The group's resident healer and mage. A feisty elf whose love of wine always brings forth the question "When do I get paid?".

20200924_172018

Talus- Formally from Mitgardia, Talus is a very simple soul. He loves nothing better than making the world a better place, one swing of his mace at a time. Nothing makes him happier than combat for a higher purpose. He's often chided and made fun of by Aurelios.

20200924_172058

Ysova- One of the finest non-elven archers in Avalonia, Ysova learned to shoot very young by necessity. A starving orphan who happened upon a dead soldier and picked up his bow, she learned very quickly that missing a target meant not eating.

20200924_172217

Serana- A half breed shunned by both Humans and Drow alike. Rienne found her in Nocturnus and remembering the daughter she lost, decided to take her in and train her. She's quiet and not fond of sunlight.

20200924_171938

Bardan- The most recent member of the Nightwolves and the one with the most in common with Rienne. When he was a boy his parents were slain by what he only remembers as a "Demon Knight". He sought out Rienne hoping to learn how to find and kill whatever killed his family.

20201024_152014

Merrick- Having spent much of his life with his head in books, Merrick has very little experience or inclination to combat. Forced out of a leading university due to heavy drinking he was nevertheless quite the student of the "darker" mythologies of Historica. When the Nightwolves get a job, it is Merrick who details what they're hunting and how to kill whatever it is.

20200924_170629

Located in the eastern region of Avalonia this once fortified castle has been abandoned for quite some time. It was given to Rienne as payment for saving the daughter of a local lord. Most of the money earned goes to repairing the castle, now affectionately named The Wolves Den.

That's a neat group you have there! I like how you were able to make their personalities distinct with such concise descriptions. The designs are great as well! I can't wait to see more from them...

Excellent!  I love all the backstories and the consistency of the armor for all of them, tying them all together!  Can't wait to see their adventures!  The microscale is very nice as well.  This will be great to see the monster hunters at work!

Wonderful group there.  I like all your stories for each character.  Where is Merricks torso from?

Thanks everyone for the compliments.

17 hours ago, zoth33 said:

Wonderful group there.  I like all your stories for each character.  Where is Merricks torso from?

That'd be Lor San Tekka from SW.

I'm excited about the group of monster hunters!  As a side note, you may want to crop the images a little closer to the figures to make them smaller in size so the page loads faster for those with slow connections.  Depending on the program you're using, you can also try to use an auto-adjusting color to brighten them up, too.  I say these things because I struggled for a long time with photography and wanted to pass along what I have learned.  The lighting on the microscale looks the best, although you can clean up the shot with a white background.  Even just a white sheet or a big white sheet of paper helps.  Look forward to more!

On 10/26/2020 at 8:48 PM, Grover said:

I'm excited about the group of monster hunters!  As a side note, you may want to crop the images a little closer to the figures to make them smaller in size so the page loads faster for those with slow connections.  Depending on the program you're using, you can also try to use an auto-adjusting color to brighten them up, too.  I say these things because I struggled for a long time with photography and wanted to pass along what I have learned.  The lighting on the microscale looks the best, although you can clean up the shot with a white background.  Even just a white sheet or a big white sheet of paper helps.  Look forward to more!

Thanks for the advice! Yeah, my picture taking skills could definitely use improvement. I plan on getting a lightbox in the near future.

4 hours ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

Great looking crew, and I’m glad to have them in Avalonia! I’m also always a fan of microscale building. Keep building!

Thank you! Yes, as I'm in an apartment with limited space, I've grown quite fond of microscale builds. 

Super cool group of characters! Really like how you used that torso, especially since it's not often used in Castle models :thumbup:

Edited by soccerkid6

32 minutes ago, soccerkid6 said:

Super cool group of characters! Really like how you used that torso, especially since it's not often used in Castle models :thumbup:

I'm sure it would be more widely used if it was more widely available.

On 12/30/2020 at 2:39 PM, Zarcania said:

Nice.

Is the shield from Bardan coming from a LOTR set?

Yep, from the Uruk-Hai. Good eye.

On 12/30/2020 at 1:34 PM, LordDan said:

Very nice array of characters and a very solid looking microscale castle :thumbup:

Thank you!

On 12/7/2020 at 11:06 AM, MAB said:

I'm sure it would be more widely used if it was more widely available.

Yeah, they took me a while to track them all down. Worth it though. Probably my favorite fantasy torso design to come out of Lego.