Sign in to follow this  
NerdYoda

[MOC][REBRiCK] Star Wars MOC53798 Dowager Queen | Mos Eisley Add-On

Hello everyone,

today I present you a small review of my section of the Dowager Queen (MOC-53798 from 6211 on rebrickable: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-53798/6211/dowager-queen-75290-expansion-mos-eisley-cantina/#comments), which I have rebuilt as an extension to my 75290 Mos Eisley Cantina. Since some parts were not available in the right color, or only at highly overpriced prices, I decided to change the colors and give the Queen my own personal touch. I am very happy with the result and on top of that - behind the Cantina in my showcase - it looks great.

The following are some of the key points of the MOC:

• 541 piecesĀ 
  • 1 hour construction time
  • 13cm deep x 20cm long and 25cm high

In short, 6211 has chosen the perfect dimensions to fit into a diorama consisting of the Queen and the Cantina. The version of the Dowager Queen is the version from the Battlefront games, not the one from the movie. But that doesn't bother me personally. Quite the opposite.

50524652131_67ac4695a6_c.jpg50523928513_eda713a0ab_c.jpg50524651846_9243fc1e78_c.jpg

As it is always the case with me, after a week of being able to see the result every day, I am not quite satisfied with the color. So I ordered some more parts and will exchange the two black 48933 Wedge Plates for dark grey. The same goes for the 1x1 90 degree elbows. And last but not least I will exchange the old 3403 4x4 turntable, which holds the engines, for the new, more stable version, the 61485 4x4 turntable.

Thanks mate. I will keep you up to date here as soon as all described changes have been implemented. I already have one. And I have to say that I like it much better already.