marvelBoy123

[M13 - Devaron - TT] A deal with the devil

*Your entry has earned 13 XP*

Farantros narrative:

It was a few months later, Core Devaron had established a base in an abandoned mountain village and their membership continued to grow as more and more devaronians recognised the cruelty and corruption of their government. The Triumvirate couldn't send in troops so close to New Republic space but they funded the the resistance network generously and I was often sent to assist their cause. This time was special though, I was meeting my half-brother Iher who was a senior member of the group. He had been hunted as I had because of our father who had taken over the Devaronian army following Montellian Serat. They had caught him and sentenced him to the death by the Quarra, claiming our families imperial influence had harmed the people. Iher had escaped, disguising his scent from the Quarra and fleeing into the wilderness. 

800x654.jpg

800x600.jpg

I wish the reunion had been in happier circumstances for at that moment, it seemed we had to prepare for attack. While Devaron was not part of the New Republic, the two kept a good relationship and Devaron was part of the New Republic's mutual defence strategy. This meant that the New Republic could station troops on Devaron but in times of emergency, the Devaronian government could call on them to fight for them. When the government discovered our base, they had decided to send in a New Republic strike team. Luckily, no human soldier is a match for a Devaronian warrior and we prepared to fight. As the others set up defensive positions, a plan began to form in my mind...

800x688.jpg

The battle was quick, their forces were inexperinced and we held strategic high ground - there was no way they could win. As their bodies lay heaped on the ground, I informed the others of my plan. 

The New Republic representative should, by standard procedure, come to the scene of the battle once the area was secured to arrange the final stages of the operation. They would be expecting a quick victory but with their forces defeated and their life on the line, I was sure they would agree to whatever terms we presented.

800x581.jpg

It happened the New Republic vice ambassador to Devaron was already a corrupt man and when surrounded he was quick to reach a deal - he would pretend the mission had been a success and that our threat was ended, a member of our resistance network would have a high position in the government engineered for her (so that we could have more control over government policy) and he would continue to follow our command (meaning the Triumvirate could later manipulate him). In exchange he kept his life. Our deal a success and Devaron well on the way to being liberated, the influence of the Triumvirate had once again been a force for good.

Spoiler

800x492.jpg

The main Devaronian figures and custom Razalon FC-20 speeder bike. Iher was inspired by the below image:

Devaronian_prisoner_SaV-1.png

Definitely a fun build with some interesting techniques - some experimenting with door designs, capes and textures throughout. Really happy with how the whole thing turned out overall.

As ever comments and feedback are appreciated.

Edited by goatman461

1 hour ago, Simulterious said:

Looking great! Love door designs and the cloth...

Thanks!

43 minutes ago, Ross Fisher said:

Nice build. I'd love to see you experiment with pythagoras, and put at least one of the buildings on an angle next time. 

Definitely something to work on for next time, I kinda made this one up as I went along so I didn't think about the orientation of the buildings - thanks for the feedback!

1 minute ago, JetBricks Studios said:

Awesome build! Where did you get those incredible hair pieces for the devaronians?

Thanks! Finding the combinations for Devaronians has taken a lot of figuring out - the red headgear is from the CMF Devil Costume Boy, the grey headgear is from the CMF Gargoyle, the blue is from Infinity War Proxima Midnight and the Orange is from The Lego Ninjago Movie. 

Once again you outdo yourself... This is brilliant - I can second @Ross Fisher comments about angling the buildings to get a more dynamic feel, but other than that this is really nice... Great figs, cool speeder, and the perfect 'lived-in' feeling of the scene...