Sign in to follow this  
CapOnBOBS

[OL - Mine Claim] Near Breshaun 3 Glory Seekers

Gabriel Dupont had done well for himself in Breshaun's booming silver industry. "Vertical Integration Boys!" he chirped as the three horses plodded westward up the hills. The three were heading up the Zuesrun. Felix and Hector had not done as well in the silver industry, breaking their backs in the mines for barely enough to get by. About 15 miles up the river, Garbiel called at halt at the top of a cliff. "We'll stop here" Gabriel said. "Good thing too, out of anything to talk on" snipped Hector. 

MiningClaim_5

It would take the three days just to carve and build a treacherous paths to wind down the cliff to the base of the falls. Gabriel, exuding confidence, tapping his forehead with his swagger stick knowingly, jabbering the whole time, explained that by starting at the base of the cliff, they would skip weeks of digging through the rock to get to a reasonable depth. 

MiningClaim_2

The three worked from sun up sundown, 1 resting and minding the camp, 1 panning the river bed below the falls, and the third cutting a hole into the cliff in hopes of striking a vein of ore. 

MiningClaim_4

Whenever Felix was on panning duty he would smile. The flowers and the falls... this was downright pleasant. Who cared if they found anything, Gabriel was paying him to look. Also, the benefit of the cliff was that he didn't have to listen to Gabriel run his mouth while he worked. 

MiningClaim_3

Hector was less enthusiastic. Well, he was, but they all were while on excavation duty. It was dark, it was dank, it was cold, but also sweaty. But hey, at least you didn't have to listen to Gabriel explaining his plan to own the entire process from the mine to the storefront. 

MiningClaim

"Vertical Integration Boys!" -Gabriel

MiningClaim_6

"Vertical Integration my boot in your bright yellow...." -Hector

-Mining claim near Breshaun on La Bellan. 

Edit: Blackened with coal dust, but beaming with pride and satisfaction, Gabriel brings samples back to Breshaun while Hector and Felix begin expanding the coal vein. 

MiningClaim_7

--------------------

Shipmates, I had big plans before understanding how most of this EGS works. Also, we spent the week in quarantine (everybody is fine) so don't worry, I won't be able to keep up this pace. That said, I hope I am making them worth your while to take a look at. I gotta say, I am so impressed by the detail and style you all put into these builds. Most of you are building things analogue that are just nuts. Thanks for letting me play Legos with you guys!

Edited by CapOnBOBS

1 hour ago, CapOnBOBS said:

Thanks for letting me play Legos with you guys!

The pleasure is ours! Especially with all this eye candy!

The builds have been wonderful and the accompanying stories great fun to read. While the pace may slow up, I look forward to seeing more builds from you in the future. :excited:

That cliff is beautiful, especially as shown in the angled overview. The layout leads the eye throughout which is always a good feature. The mining depiction is good and I like the use of the ice cream scoop pieces at the base of the falls to show the splashing water.

Very nice prospecting build CapOnBOBS.

The results of all the hard work are now in - Gabriel, Hector and Felix have discovered a rich vein of coal!

Great waterfall too! Love the entire build however! Keep up the good work and as said before, the pleasure of you joining us is ours :pir-huzzah2:

Excellent build, and I love the use of multiple angles, and perspectives in the scene. The attention to detail is great, and the technique for the waterfall is superb.

7 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

The results of all the hard work are now in - Gabriel, Hector and Felix have discovered a rich vein of coal!

It's cause OL is naughty and invaded Terraversa! :pir-tongue:

This is so great - awesome work! I love the use of the ice cream pieces for froth at the bottom of the waterfall

This is a fantastic scene.

It provides a great impression of height and size, and also a feeling of wilderness and roughness, yet beauty at the same time. Wonderful work!

I would suggest to make the vegetation at the bottom of the rocks a bit more dense, more wild, more "chaotic" even. 

Oh and I love this waterfall foam. Fantastic.