Sign in to follow this  
Elostirion

[ESL-sistership] Lumberjacks on Ferro Azure

50462994621_a73436055f_c.jpg

After La Reya Venenosa II was sunk in an intense battle at sea against those nasty pirates, only two ships returned to port. However
as the Eslandian efforts to fight for free trade across all the Brick Seas had once more come to fruition, the local authorities at Salida
Este, on behalf of the Colonial Council, decided to immediately build a sistership of the sunk man'o'war, Lay Reya Venenosa III.

Lumberjacks went into the woods a bit landinwards and did their best to find strong trees, while ropemakers and sewers were already
doing their best in town. The Eslandolan fleet would soon be able to welcome La Reya Venenosa III, and continue to fight for freedom.

La Reya Venenosa III will be licensed by Eslandola.

I did some experimentation with tree design, to create volume. While I am really happy with the treetops and the scene overall, I am not
so happy with the treetrunks... But well, those will be better next time.

50462295493_0fbc476b89.jpg

Edited by Elostirion

Those are some great trees!  Pity they're all getting chopped down...

Neat scene. I really like the tree roots growing out of the base of the build. The canopies look really good, and I think the trunks are reasonable. They are generally rounded after all. The super-detailed trunk techniques just never really look that much more like tree trunks, in my opinion. I love the scowl and posture of the man with the axe, and the wedge cut and wood chips are a good addition.

Very nice colorscheme indeed! Those treeleave density turned out wonderful although I have to agree with you on the treetrunks.

Nice technique for the trees, and innovative idea for a sistershipping build. I like the ideas you went with for this build, and it turned out great.

Looks great. I love the red, orange, green, browns of the muddy ground, and the downed tree trunk w/ texture takes it a step farther than many other forest builds I've seen.