Sign in to follow this  
Redhead1982

MOC Coral reef

The inspiration for this little MOC came from the bright light yellow brick (47115). The odd-shaped brick reminded me of the old baseplates which were 1 brick thick, and I thought of it as a base for something. Since I was taking apart my previous coral reef inspired MOC, I started imagining this bright light yellow brick as a sand-based sea bottom full of underwater life. 

50513534423_df891e65b0_b.jpg

Considering the fact that many coral reefs are at risk due to water pollution and that coral reefs are considered as underwater rainforest, I tried to include versatile underwater plants and animals, contrasting in color, shape and size. The fact that TLG made new animal moulds this year was also super helpful. All-in-all, parts used in this creation were made by TLG as early as 1995, so basically, this MOC is a mix of old and new. 

50514412637_c424fd2489_b.jpg

To conclude, at least in my opinion, life is much nicer in color.

50514413117_4274c46739_b.jpg

Nice build! The colors are beautiful.

Edited by JintaiZ

Excellent and lovely! The use of the brushes as corals is very clever and I like the sausage plants a lot. I find it is always very relaxing to make plant-life from LEGO.

Thanks for sharing :sweet:

Thanks for the nice comments, everyone. I figured it's less heavy on the topic if I says thanks to everyone in one post without all the quotes.

To answer a bit, I've seen those brushes used as ''plants'' before, but a long time ago (unfortunately, I don't remember the exact MOC). But many of the parts and colors were collected over the years to build an underwater MOC someday. Considering all the new bright LEGO colors are hard to combine in one build, this is probably the exception to mixing the colors. 

21 hours ago, Thedarkmaster2 said:

If I may ask what are those flat pink fish floating above the light green coral. Is it new for this year what is a good way to get them

Those flat fish were introduced in 2019, and are available in 4 Friends set (49595 is catalog number for a lot of underwater animals, including sea horses).

Very impressive!  One of my favourite things on Eurobricks is seeing how people use parts in ways that they were never designed to be used for.  This is a perfect illustration of this - thanks for sharing!

Hello!

Very well built! Your original and inventive parts use represents the diversity of living reef organisms very authetically! :classic:

Cheers,

Chris

On 4/19/2021 at 7:42 PM, Tia1234 said:

A wonderful model, and most importantly that it was created according to the model of the real coral reef. Tell me from which collection is this work of art ??

@Tia1234 I'm not sure what you mean by your question (e.g. which collection). I was collecting various parts over the years with intention to create something similar to coral reefs.

On 4/20/2021 at 10:42 PM, Legostein said:

Your original and inventive parts use represents the diversity of living reef organisms very authetically! :classic:

On 4/21/2021 at 10:26 AM, Mylenium said:

It looks lovely! :-)

Thank you both.