HorcikDesigns

[42093 C-model] Midengine sportscar

Hi, 

here is my latest MOC.
800x450.jpg

Yes, it is another car, technically very similar to original set, but it is my first C model of medium-sized Technic set.

What do you think about it? 

And, of course, there are also building Instructions available:  https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-55048/Horcikdesigns/pdf-42093-c-model-sportscar/#details

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

Not bad for first timer :thumbup:, but you know there is new Corvette (2020 model) with rear mid engine configuration :wink:

5 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

Not bad for first timer :thumbup:, but you know there is new Corvette (2020 model) with rear mid engine configuration :wink:

Thanks! Yes, I know, this came to my mind too, but replicating  it from these pieces was slightly above my current C model skill level. :) 

5 minutes ago, HorcikDesigns said:

Thanks! Yes, I know, this came to my mind too, but replicating  it from these pieces was slightly above my current C model skill level. :) 

When I remember your streamlined Tatra, I'd say you have some (huge) skills.

1 hour ago, I_Igor said:

When I remember your streamlined Tatra, I'd say you have some (huge) skills.

I will not deny it, (and thank you :blush:), but building MOC with or without limited parts palette is quite a different discipline. 

1 hour ago, JintaiZ said:

Excellent build!

Thanks! 

14 minutes ago, Jurss said:

Nice car. 

HOG steering missing ;)

It is there between front hood and the dashboard (that 5,5L DBG axle pointing upwards), but for aesthetic purposes the axle connector, that is used as knob, is not on it's place. 

I should make more photos. 

Edited by HorcikDesigns

Really nice build. The price of the instruction is also good.

I just wanted to point out that you could maybe set render quality on studio a bit higher as model seems a bit blocky on your BI sample pages.

I usually set it at 4/5 and from your sample, I guess it may be set on 2/5 on your side. You just have to change that setting before rendering you BI and you can lower it after that if it improve studio responsiveness.

36 minutes ago, fosamax said:

Really nice build. The price of the instruction is also good.

I just wanted to point out that you could maybe set render quality on studio a bit higher as model seems a bit blocky on your BI sample pages.

I usually set it at 4/5 and from your sample, I guess it may be set on 2/5 on your side. You just have to change that setting before rendering you BI and you can lower it after that if it improve studio responsiveness.

Thank you, I'll take a look to it. 
Wow, it helped a lot! Thank you! :) I had it set on 1/5, because of laptop performance reasons. 

Edited by HorcikDesigns