Sign in to follow this  
Mesabi

[BTV1-TER] Donations for the War Effort

Type: MCRA TER

Terraversa had been hit hard by Oleon, and resources had been running low. Fortunately, donations were being shipped in from across the Brick Seas by those who didn't want to see the island taken by the Bluecoats.

50516051286_d49d0779da_z.jpg

The City had been reinforced in preparation for Oleon's forces. Windows were boarded and barricades erected. 

50516051111_fb123e66c9_z.jpg

While some rested in between shifts, crates of 'Genuine Giraffe Jerky' and Muskets were unloaded onto the wharf. 

50516051006_332c5772bb_z.jpg

Terraversa would not go down without a fight...

FIN

Thanks for viewing my. build, and my support for an independent Terraversa. The build is pretty straightforward, maybe a bit simple, but I don't think it needed much else. The Terraversan officer uses Cedric Diggory's body from the HP CMFs.

It's simple but effective.

The approaching enemy is shot at through narrow openings.

In addition, bottle bombs are thrown.

I would suggest it also as a defense build for Kings Port:

It was just a suggestion. I don't decide on someone else's build. It's more of a Council of War.

@Mesabi

What do you think?

Edited by NOD
translation error

Excellent build, Mesabi. Apart from the good quality all around (compare it to your first year builds in bobs - you have come an amazing way!) I would like to hihglight the focus on somethign that isn't just warfare, but none-the-less absolutely paramount for any warfare: Supplies!

And these Terraversans will definitely fight ferociously to get this war over ASAP, if they have to live on giraffe jerky until it's over! :pir-grin:

1 hour ago, NOD said:

would suggest it also as a defense build for Kings Port:

Just like the attack build should be a specific purpose-built moc with the proper descriptions, the defence build should be purpose-built, clearly summarising the defence strategy and how it counters the attacker's strategy. An attack is a big enough thing that builds should be made specifically for it. That will also make it easier to be GMs. :pir-wink:

Very good Mesabi I really like it! It might be straightforward but still aesthetically very nice. 

Edited by Fraunces

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

20 hours ago, NOD said:

It's simple but effective.

Thanks! I'm glad it looks decent. 

20 hours ago, NOD said:

I would suggest it also as a defense build for Kings Port:

While I am slightly interested in doing the defense build for King's Port, this shouldn't be it. Bregir explains it well below. :pirate:

19 hours ago, LM71Blackbird said:

Looking good @Mesabi! An army moves on its stomach so that jerky will come in handy!

Thanks Blackbird!

19 hours ago, Darnok said:

Loving it! Is the tea can filled with explosives? :pir-devil:

I can neither confirm nor deny the presence of Teapot based explosives. :pir-tongue:

18 hours ago, Bregir said:

Excellent build, Mesabi. Apart from the good quality all around (compare it to your first year builds in bobs - you have come an amazing way!) I would like to hihglight the focus on somethign that isn't just warfare, but none-the-less absolutely paramount for any warfare: Supplies!

And these Terraversans will definitely fight ferociously to get this war over ASAP, if they have to live on giraffe jerky until it's over! :pir-grin:

Thanks Bregir! I really think the best move I've made as a builder is using on every 'smooth' flat surface, I think it really has helped. Glad to still be here, 3+ years on, and I hope I'm improving with every build! And I'm glad you liked the premise as well.

16 hours ago, Fraunces said:

Very good Mesabi I really like it! It might be straightforward but still aesthetically very nice. 

Thank you!

defence strategy for Kings Port: Operation Hedgehog

@Bregir

I ask for a friend.

This one has a "special, and in this epoch realistic" defence strategy for Kings Port. The strategy is detailed and goes beyond bottle bombs. It is more extraordinary, stronger and more effective. He can explain the defence strategy but not build everything. Does the build have to be identical to the complete strategy? Is a relatively simple build and the explanation of the defence strategy enough?

He also made improvements to Troop rules and land combat. Not everything he writes is stupid. Some things could be considered and discussed.

I do not know the friend! I only ask because I lost a bet.

On 10/24/2020 at 5:30 PM, NOD said:

Does the build have to be identical to the complete strategy? Is a relatively simple build and the explanation of the defence strategy enough?

The build does not have to show the strategy per se. It could be a tent with some officers discussing it, and then a description of said strategy.

We are not looking for great heavy builds. There is typically a two-week deadline on a defence build, and we don't want land combat to be too cumbersome. A build is necessary though.

Hoep that answers - sorry for not coming back earlier, but your tag didn't work properly.

Is your friend planning a build? I think we can be a bit lenient on the deadline this time, as the rules are new. But we can discuss this with your friend. :pir-tongue:

2 hours ago, Bregir said:

The build does not have to show the strategy per se. It could be a tent with some officers discussing it, and then a description of said strategy.

We are not looking for great heavy builds. There is typically a two-week deadline on a defence build, and we don't want land combat to be too cumbersome. A build is necessary though.

Hoep that answers - sorry for not coming back earlier, but your tag didn't work properly.

Is your friend planning a build? I think we can be a bit lenient on the deadline this time, as the rules are new. But we can discuss this with your friend. :pir-tongue:

Thanks, I told my friend.:innocent2: The deadline November 1st fits.

He'll do a defence build and a description of strategy for Kings Port.:devil_laugh:

9 minutes ago, NOD said:

Thanks, I told my friend.:innocent2: The deadline November 1st fits.

He'll do a defence build and a description of strategy for Kings Port.:devil_laugh:

Excellent!