charlesp1138

[MOC] King Lennox's Castle

I was putting together the 80s King's Castle set recently and got inspired to do a remake of a classic castle style set (using the same footprint) and got to work digitally.

Here are some renders of it. Would love to know what you think of it!

xV5TkWe.png

YgWk9F6.png

8hZK4k7.jpg

TxA26Oa.png

aRqHow1.png

Some great techniques here.  The battlements have some nice detailing with the tile pieces.  The pointed windows look great.  The slight build up of rock work at the base is a nice touch.  The interior looks great too, nice job.  

Ironically, Lennox is also the name of one of the characters from Legends of Chima. :grin:

Amyways, very nice design for a Castle! It looks wonderful!

1 minute ago, Lego David said:

Ironically, Lennox is also the name of one of the characters from Legends of Chima. :grin:

Amyways, very nice design for a Castle! It looks wonderful!

Aha! The Lennox reference was very much on purpose. As soon as I put that lion head brick in, I knew it had to be that.

1 minute ago, charlesp1138 said:

Aha! The Lennox reference was very much on purpose. As soon as I put that lion head brick in, I knew it had to be that.

Good to know! 

What a beautiful castle!  Opulent design comes to mind.  The interior detailing is superb.  Your photographs are also top notch.

Well done!

Nice design and I didn't recognize it as render at first. Well done. It has that classic castle vibe, but it uses more modern parts and techniques. As it looks, it has many play functions and activities included. However, my favourite details is the fountain well and the greenery behind.

Excellent part usage with the jester and the clear bracket piece. We need another official Castle series!

I'm really digging these smaller, 'set-possible' castles that people seem to have been gravitating towards, lately. It gives me some hope that eventually one will clear the final hurdle and become an Ideas set.