Sign in to follow this  
CapOnBOBS

[OKT - Factory] Punto Brau Temporarily Under New Management

At the height of Oktoberfest, things sometimes can get... a little out of hand. It is unclear if this was a "pirate raid" or "fest shenanigans," but in either case the damage was light, easily repaired, and all involved were drunk. 

PuntoBrau_2

Right after the fest tents cleared out for the night, a mob/band/party of sailors/fest goers passed the brewery on their way home. Deciding that in fact, they had not had enough to drink, they broke in and helped themselves. Morning found them still hard at work trying to drink the place dry. 

PuntoBrau_4

Yes, the normally tranquil factory, using the rich soil along the creek to grow their own hops, a picturesque place to work. Normally, alive with clockwork precision, particularly gearing up towards the high demand of fest season. The factory had been at max capacity for weeks, filling the racks with kegs for the Punto Sur festivities.

PuntoBrau_1

But, tor the last 24 hours has been more like the fest tents on the tail end than the brewery on the front one. One report included drunken sailors trying to "cut out the middle men" and gorging themselves off half-ripe hops, straight off the vine... probably the best thing for them, they had probably had enough by that point anyway. 

PuntoBrau_3

Luckily, it appears that the most substantial costs of the whole event was the astonishing cut to the breweries inventory. The owners have claimed that even accounting for what was clearly spilled, the amount of beer consumed by the wayward sailors was, "absurd!"

PuntoBrau_5

Though the demand is certainly high enough for their product, this temporary transfer of ownership has prompted the owner to consider selling this money maker to set up shop in a line of work with less on the job hazards. 

Edited by CapOnBOBS

Cool story and very nice build! I really like those huge vats of beer. Or those lids Duplo pieces? I also really like the green things, simple but very ingenious. Those are probably the hops, right? I'm not used to seeing them like that. I'm more used to this sight.

Wonderful build. Love the hops vines!

17 hours ago, CapOnBOBS said:

to grow their own hops for generations

Er, might want to edit that. It's a new settlement. Only the natives have been here for generations. :wink:

17 hours ago, CapOnBOBS said:

historic brewery

This part, too. Not much history in Punto Sur yet. :pir-huzzah2:

Amazing build man! Love the facade, the story and the big beer-brewing facility!

Edited by Fraunces

8 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

Wonderful build. Love the hops vines!

Er, might want to edit that. It's a new settlement. Only the natives have been here for generations. :wink:

This part, too. Not much history in Punto Sur yet. :pir-huzzah2:

Fixed

Great build! :pir-thumb:

You've been pumping out some amazing stuff these days - rememer you can not license more than three builds a month.

On 10/22/2020 at 10:36 AM, Khorne said:

Cool story and very nice build! I really like those huge vats of beer. Or those lids Duplo pieces? I also really like the green things, simple but very ingenious. Those are probably the hops, right? I'm not used to seeing them like that. I'm more used to this sight.

"hop teepee" I think the idea is that you can get away with a single pole in the ground for more hops at the cost of more space. I assumed it was an older way of doing it. 

Fun build, with lot of interesting details, the wooden structure looks good, so does the fermentation equipment.