Sign in to follow this  
mktechniccreations

[MOC] Ford F-150 & Appalachian wood deck car trailer

Hello again, already once i uploaded a topic with the truck few weeks ago, but this time i tried to made better photos and added a second moc to the set.

Now it consists of Ford F-150 Lariat and Appalachian wood deck car trailer 

1920x1280.jpg

Ford F - 150 
Truck is build on technic based chassis, with rear axle L motor geared down by 1:1,667 without differential. Front axle is steered by servo motor and virtual pivot system, to achieve fitting wheels between narrow fenders just like on the rear axle, for symetric look, after that the entire body is made of system bricks to achieve realistic look of creator sets. model is powered by AAA battery box which is stored on the bed, but if you want you can squeze Buwizz unit insted of IR receiver to free all the bed space needed. 

Appalachian wood deck car trailer 
Trailer is based on the Appalachian brand car trailers with wood floor. it has it has four-ish manual functions: support leg, tiltable deck, winch and acces ramps, with little storage compartment on the front. 

Both are avaible as instructions at rebrickable here : Rebrickable

128x72.jpg 128x72.jpg 128x72.jpg 128x72.jpg 128x72.jpg 

128x72.jpg 128x72.jpg 128x72.jpg 

Edited by mktechniccreations

I assume this would better fit in Scale Modeling chapter  :classic:

But actually the model looks accurate and smooth!

Why anyone would want to replicate anything from Ford is beyond me (poking fun at our poor auto industry) but the build is not that bad.  I think the edges of the truck are rough, especially in the front, but I do like the trailer.  Overall, nice job...