LegoGuy03

Lego Custom Minifigures Series

Hello there, everyone!

Welcome to a post featuring my custom CMF series!

I've been a longtime fan of the Lego CMF line ever since Series 6 and I was inspired to make my own series after seeing the wonderful works of @Robert8 and @Ashnflash. I have actually made a couple of series before this one, but this is my first CMF to be a generic one with no theme. The previous ones I made were ones consisting of random licensed characters and one based off the Fire Emblem series. (If you want to see those, let me know. I may consider.)

I'm not the best artist in the world and these definitely do not hold a candle to the two people I mentioned, but I hope that you can still like what you see here. Feel free to give me constructive criticism as I like to improve on my work.

First, here's the full picture featuring all the minifigures in this series. I originally had purple as the color, but I decided to change it to scarlet. Purple's going to turn up in a later series.

50513648631_c0601d4aaa_b.jpg

Now, here are the 16 figures:

1. Zookeeper Guy

Notable Parts: Han Solo hairpiece in a new tan color, S6 Butcher's steak piece, New baby crocodile mold, bucket piece with handle

50512952228_0eb3cc46cd_c.jpg

2. Camp Counselor

Notable Parts: Existing braided hairpiece, S16 Mariachi guitar mold in a new color, squirrel mold

50512964718_1bffd26ac1_c.jpg

3. Beekeeper

Notable Parts: New smoker piece and beekeeper headgear, 2x2 tile of a beehive slide

50512968888_626912b431_c.jpg

4. Hacker

Notable Parts: Ninjago Movie Lloyd's hood piece, laptop piece

50513681386_4e89873f86_c.jpg

5. Scholar

Notable Parts: New "gat" hat mold, S4 Kimono Girl's fan piece recolored, 2x2 tile piece of a scroll

50513850297_6ac30af0d0_c.jpg

Trivia: Based on the seonbi, a virtuous scholar in South Korean culture

6. Magical Girl

Notable Parts: New wand piece, new twin tails hairpiece, Disney series skirt piece recolored and reprinted, S11 Grandma's cat recolored

50513855962_862da70e6c_c.jpg

Trivia: Based on characters from the magical girl anime genre such as Sailor Moon and Madoka Magica. (The latter served as a major inspiration for the outfit itself) 

7. Basketball Player

Notable Parts: Finn's hairpiece, two 1x1 plates, one 1x1 stud, and a ball joint piece all assembled together to resemble a basketball trophy

50513862517_633676b39d_c.jpg

8. Raccoon Suit Girl

Notable Parts: New raccoon mask mold, Rocket Raccoon's tail mold, S8 Santa's sack piece in black

50512981408_0573223f23_c.jpg

9. JRPG Hero

Notable Parts: New(-ish) hair mold with headband, new shield mold, Sword of Gryffindor mold recolored, ball joint piece printed and colored green to resemble a slime enemy

50513858337_bb222ba7d8_c.jpg

Trivia: While the hair piece itself is new, I actually didn't design it for this minifigure first. It was first used for Ike in my Lego Fire Emblem CMF.

10. Space Pirate

Notable Parts: New alien head mold with pirate hat, Moon rock piece recolored, laser cutlass piece, epaulette piece in a silver color

50513863097_6db39b2091_c.jpg

11. Tourist

Notable Parts: New floppy hat mold, new hula garland headpiece, new coconut drink mold, camera piece

50512991298_a4585d0a1d_c.jpg

12. Ghost Hunter

Notable Parts: New hair bun piece with indents for the black goggles, 1x2 printed tile as a EMF meter, lightsaber hilt mold with a stud for a flashlight, S16 Hiker's backpack piece

50513702121_f3851ae0e4_c.jpg

13. Lunch Lady

Notable Parts: New corn dog piece, S6 Surgeon's cap piece, S17 Hot Dog Vendor's tray piece, new 1x1 brick with a 1x1 tile printed to resemble apple juice (printed to look like the existing milk and orange juice prints.)

50513702596_ffb75cf5ed_c.jpg

14. Harpy

Notable Parts: New wing piece that replaces regular mining arms, New bird tail mold, Ninjago Movie Cole's hair piece in brown, S15 Faun's legs reprinted 

50513703036_e33a923770_c.jpg

15. Horror Slasher

Notable Parts: S14 Zombie Businessman's hairpiece, S5 Lumberjack's axe mold in silver

50513703586_cbea0bd28c_c.jpg

16. Lady Magician

Notable Parts: Lego Friends Emma's hairpiece, S17 Veterinarian's rabbit piece, S1 Magician's wand piece, top hat piece in a red color

50513704001_b419edef88_c.jpg

And finally, here is the checklist:

50513872602_8227d403e2_b.jpg

And that's it! Those were all the minifigures for my first custom generic CMF!

Let me know who your favorites are and feel free to even write some bios for these figures! I would appreciate both!

Edited by LegoGuy03

*oh2* Ohhhhh I love them! Thanks for sharing with us! You put a lot of thought and work on these and it really shows.

I already told Ashnflash to come and give it a look as well

I have a Magical Girl on my own coming for my very next series. She is mostly inspired by Sailor Moon. And I'm actually watching a summary of Madoka Magica just to make the minifigure (I just started: Sayaka just "died" after her gem was thrown at the bridge)

From all the other characters

Haker is ready for COVID lol. Love the torso. And have you seen a game called Phasmophobia? The Ghost Hunter would fit right in. The T-shirt is awesome

Space pirate is an interesting concept. And Magician Girl is bound to happen at some point. I bet it will look as good as yours. And so does Raccoon costume

My favorites are.... pretty much everyone

I would get the whole series if these were real!

I'm glad you are planning to post a Series 2!

Edited by Robert8

These are awesome! I think my favourite for sure is the Zoo Keeper! 

Keep up the great work man! Best of luck with Series 2 :) 

HOLY MOLEY... *oh2* ...Could we be witnessing the coming of the next @Robert8 y'all?! :cry_happy:

Seriously impressive for a first start man! :thumbup: :grin: My favorites of the bunch have to be your Magical Girl & Ghost Hunter designs! :blush:

8 hours ago, Robert8 said:

*oh2* Ohhhhh I love them! Thanks for sharing with us! You put a lot of thought and work on these and it really shows.

I already told Ashnflash to come and give it a look as well

I have a Magical Girl on my own coming for my very next series. She is mostly inspired by Sailor Moon. And I'm actually watching a summary of Madoka Magica just to make the minifigure (I just started: Sayaka just "died" after her gem was thrown at the bridge)

From all the other characters

Haker is ready for COVID lol. Love the torso. And have you seen a game called Phasmophobia? The Ghost Hunter would fit right in. The T-shirt is awesome

Space pirate is an interesting concept. And Magician Girl is bound to happen at some point. I bet it will look as good as yours. And so does Raccoon costume

My favorites are.... pretty much everyone

I would get the whole series if these were real!

I'm glad you are planning to post a Series 2!

Ooh, I can't wait to see what your version of a magical girl! I'm sure it will look fantastic!

I have heard of Phasmophobia, but I haven't actually seen any gameplay footage of it until now. And from the looks of it, I'd say the Ghost Hunter would indeed fit in with that game.

And yeah, the hacker really is prepared for COVID lol.

Anyways, thanks, Robert!

7 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

These are awesome! I think my favourite for sure is the Zoo Keeper! 

Keep up the great work man! Best of luck with Series 2 :) 

Thanks a lot, Ashnflash! It's gonna be a while before Series 2 though, since I have plans for a few other themed CMFs.

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

HOLY MOLEY... *oh2* ...Could we be witnessing the coming of the next @Robert8 y'all?! :cry_happy:

Seriously impressive for a first start man! :thumbup: :grin: My favorites of the bunch have to be your Magical Girl & Ghost Hunter designs! :blush:

Thanks, man!

Though technically, this is actually my fourth CMF series I made. I still appreciate the praise, though! :)

6 hours ago, LegoGuy03 said:

Though technically, this is actually my fourth CMF series I made. I still appreciate the praise, though! :)

You're most welcome! :sweet: I'd still be interesting in seeing your previous work even if it is license-based rather than original... :wink:

On 10/21/2020 at 1:23 PM, gedren_y said:

The Lunch Lady reminds me of the Adam Sandler and Chis Farley SNL song skit Lunch Lady Land.

I did see images of that Lunch Lady when looking through Google Images on lunch ladies lol. She definitely influenced how the figure turned out in the end.

Edited by LegoGuy03

Hello there, everyone.

It's been a while since I've posted anything, huh?

Well, I now started work on a brand new CMF series, though not a generic one.

This will be a licensed CMF series and it will have only 12 minifigures opposed to 16 or 20 since that's apparently going to be the standard amount for official future CMFs. (I will still do 16 or 20 for certain series though.)

Here's a sneak peak of the characters that is set to appear in this series, and you might be able to guess what the theme of this CMF's going to be just from this selection. Hope you look forward to this!

50611741873_ce421e0b33_c.jpg

Edited by LegoGuy03

They are really great! I especially love the Beekeeper, baby crocodile and Ghost Hunter. :wub: 
You do have very interesting concepts and new mold ideas in there, very well done!

Edit : oh my, I must have spent my life in a cave...I don't have a clue about what the theme of the next serie could be! 

Edited by Aurore

PHOENIX WRIGHT!

I hope Apollo will appear in the series, although that looks like young Phoenix from the original trilogy so it's unlikely

Damn LegoGuy03 you scare me... First Danganronpa and now Ace Attorney. 2 of my favorite games ever

8 hours ago, Aurore said:

They are really great! I especially love the Beekeeper, baby crocodile and Ghost Hunter. :wub: 
You do have very interesting concepts and new mold ideas in there, very well done!

Edit : oh my, I must have spent my life in a cave...I don't have a clue about what the theme of the next serie could be! 

Thanks for the compliments for my previous series! I really do appreciate it!

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

PHOENIX WRIGHT!

I hope Apollo will appear in the series, although that looks like young Phoenix from the original trilogy so it's unlikely

Damn LegoGuy03 you scare me... First Danganronpa and now Ace Attorney. 2 of my favorite games ever

Yeah, Apollo won't be appearing, unfortunately. I'd like to do an Ace Attorney series at some point in the future, though. For now, since this series encompasses all of Capcom, only Nick and one other Ace Attorney character is set to appear.

Edited by LegoGuy03

1 hour ago, LegoGuy03 said:

For now, since this series encompasses all of Capcom, only Nick and one other Ace Attorney character is set to appear.

I hope it will be Ryūnosuke Naruhodō, but it's probably Edgeworth

Cant' wait anyway :excited: