Sign in to follow this  
CapOnBOBS

[OL - Troop] Astrapi Answers the Call With a Bang

Citizens of Astrapi lined the streets today as a newly recruited company marched out with colors aloft to join the Garde de Grenadiers du 1er Régiment (1st Regt Grenadier Guards).

TRP_AST2

Lieutenant Colonel Pierre Gustavo, Commanding the detachment, led the Soldiers through the streets crowded throngs. (Seen below saluting the reviewing party).

TRP_AST1

The new troops presented well, marching in close ranks, good order, head's held high. 

TRP_AST4

Astrapi represented well, not just with their enthusiastic support, but in supplying a supply wagon to rush the troops on their way. "An Army marches on it's stomach" afterall. 

TRP_AST3

All the brass from the Island was present and in fine feather. The Admiral's wife even stood behind the reviewing party in the somewhat awkwardly cordoned off reviewing box. 

TRP_AST6

Well, everything was going along just fine as the formation came, "Through the chute" in front of the reviewing stand, set up in front of a fountain to Poseidon in hopes of his favor in a smooth voyage.

TRP_AST5

As had been planned and even rehearsed, although not an actual charge in the gun, the climactic moment would be crystalized with a powder charge fired from a field piece belonging to the local garrison. Trusting to the young Sergeant, the Lieutenant in charge of the salute battery believed the straight faced line that "if there is no projectile, you have to balance the gun out with more powder." As the match struck the pan, a ball of flame shot from the cannon, taking the hats off most of the reviewing party and driving the poor Admiral's wife into a screaming panic. Ruffled feathers and bruised egos aside, the parade was lovely and the newest Company of Grenadier Guards, with their fearless leader, Lt Colonel Gustavo are enroute to Terraversa. "For the King and the Empire!"

TRP_AST7

Great scene! I love how busy it is, and that carriage is lovely.

Excellent scene and troop column @CapOnBOBS!  I love the attention to detail, and the scene and story are excellent. All of the figures are well put together. (Though is the guy with the Quigon head holding a lightsaber in photo 2? :pir-laugh:)

I've enjoyed seeing your builds on here, and you certainly are an asset to Oleon. Great build!

Nice one!!!! Always a joy when there are that many minifigs in my field of view :pir-grin: 

On a side note, seeing minifig crowd here and there, always reminds me to get more era appropriate female minis for more "realism" since my minifig mix is on around a 90/10 m/f ratio.

Sometimes I am wondering how many bluecoats do we have between all OL members.

I also loved that cannon "bang" effect and that carriage. If I had to change something, it would be adding round tiles or similar pieces to pave the road and/or pavements but studs work ok too.

Edited by blackdeathgr

Great to see so many bluecoats marching together, these classic torsos look really cool.

Excellent scene depicting a lot of nice minifgs.. I am always a little bit jealous seeing so many nice imperial soldiers...