Sign in to follow this  
CapOnBOBS

[OL -- FB2] Breshaun - Beauchamp Shipyard

In retirement, many settle into a peaceful routine. Without the roar of cannons in his ear and spray of the Brick Seas in his face, Admiral Girard Beauchamp seems to have grown more restless. Perhaps it is poetic that a man who has spent his life under sail and could not be forced to slow down when a cannonball took his leg high above the knee, is still humming with energy. He has spent every day for months at the construction site of his new prized possession, The Beauchamp Shipyard.

BeauchampShipYard_8

The sprawling factory was an idea as ambitious as the old man himself. Two berths, each capable of holding the heaviest of warships. 

BeauchampShipYard_7

Though, as they say, "fortune favors the bold," and before the pomp and circumstance of the ribbon cutting was even scheduled His Majesty's Navy came calling. 

BeauchampShipYard_5

Two warships, with keels already laid. It is a good thing for the Admiral too. Less savory characters around Breshaun say the scuttlebutt is that the Retired Admiral's last penny was spent before the massive double crane system was even installed. 

BeauchampShipYard_9

Around the watering holes it is said that the old and noble house of Beauchamp was facing a "liquidity crisis" requiring a royal bailout. Such ideas are of course ludicrous and do not warrant repetition. The Admiral is no war-profiteer, he is a war-hero. A patriot who's own three sons have taken His Majesty's coin. 

BeauchampShipYard

Though, the Admiral does spend much of his free time over the shoulder of Master Shipwright Jean Benoit. A true genius, Benoit has been a royal favorite and a naval architect for nearly 30 years now. Intrigue aside, the Empire will benefit from the empowerment of such a talent.

BeauchampShipYard_3

To be licensed as a large factory in Breshaun... just as soon as all the... um... paperwork... is in order.

BeauchampShipYard_6

UPDATE: With another month gone by, the finishing touches have been put on the shipyard while crews still work around the clock on the capital ships for the Royal Navy.

BeauchampShipYard_4

From this beginning, Beauchamp added a drydock, rope factory, logistics center, and furnaces. While to support the operation, also building a mast plantationtrade terminal, and a carpenter's school

BeauchampShipYardCombined_5

Edited by CapOnBOBS

That looks really good. I especially like the two-story building with the balcony. The double crane and the frame with building materials are also well built. Everything is really very well built. It's one of the best shipyards I've seen so far.

I would have liked to see higher resolution photos on Flickr.

Edited by NOD

Excellent factory @CapOnBOBS! I can see you put a lot of work into making the build look neat and well put together. It reminds me of my royal factory of Mesabi Landing, but is certainly more neat and put together. Great job!

That's a proper shipyard! Looks impressive, I like the crane, nice interiort too. Good job!

On 10/20/2020 at 10:30 PM, NOD said:

I would have liked to see higher resolution photos on Flickr.

Now that I've got a month of this stuff under my belt, I went back and cleaned up this post. All new photos and a few minor improvements on what is my still my favorite digital build so far. 

2 hours ago, CapOnBOBS said:

Now that I've got a month of this stuff under my belt, I went back and cleaned up this post. All new photos and a few minor improvements on what is my still my favorite digital build so far. 

Those are some stunning renderings! Nice work!