thic_trains

Narrow gauge motor system

Hello, I'm a huge train fan and have a section in my city where I have e a narrow gauge. Does anyone have a File or instruction file for a chassis? I really need one as I am very bad with the technic system. also, If you want, just send me a pic of the underside. I will figure it out from there.

Edited by thic_trains
forgot something

There used to be a lego model railroading magazine that had full instructions for a PF powered narrow train but I cant find it myself right now.  It was a mountainous railroad using the 12v rails with those tooth bricks for traction up hill.  

10 wide trains are a little thick for narrow gauge track. lol

I'm interested too if anyone has up to date information I just bought a bunch of narrow gauge stuff from TrixBrix and I'm eager to use it.

13 hours ago, Electricsteam said:

There used to be a lego model railroading magazine that had full instructions for a PF powered narrow train but I cant find it myself right now.  It was a mountainous railroad using the 12v rails with those tooth bricks for traction up hill.  

I'm interested too if anyone has up to date information I just bought a bunch of narrow gauge stuff from TrixBrix and I'm eager to use it.

I rememeber it - it was inside a RailBricks magazine - maybe I've the .pdf somewhere - I'll check it! :)

Despite my profile picture being a narrow gauge loco, I've never had much luck with Narrow Gauge experiments!

I believe one of the most important factors is weight - keep it low to avoid becoming top-heavy and falling off in the sharp corners, and keep it over the driven axles. Don't tow the battery box as a dead weight on an unpowered wagon, get it to provide the adhesion!

As for examples of working chassis, the two that usually come to mind are this one, by @mtrkustoms of these forums:

And also this one, posted a while ago on Lego Ideas:

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/e9819af7-c0ca-4e4c-8014-e84f298862e6

Whatever you do, keep us posted! 

20 hours ago, thic_trains said:

also, do you know which railbricks magizine it was?

They're all good and they're all free.

On 10/19/2020 at 3:03 PM, Electricsteam said:

i didnt mean 10 wide narrow gauge. I meant standard gage. I have toned down though. I now build 7 and 8 wides only. narrow gauge for me is 4,5, or six wide. I also will try to upload a picture soon.