Another month, another model :D This time I come back to agricultural machinery. I built the 150 hp Case 1455 XL tractor and the Bunning Lowlander 105 mk4 manure spreader.

case_1455_and_bunning_1.jpg

For comparison, photos of real machines

299992-1455xl-case-international.jpg

bunning_105mk4.jpg

CASE 1455 XL

The tractor is built on the chassis I used in the previous ones. After many tests and delicate modifications, it turned out to be very reliable and solid. In addition, it is very versatile - it allows you to build most tractors in the power range of 140 to 170 km in a 1:17 scale. It have four functions, large motor for driving, servo for steering, medium motor - PTO and medium motor for three-point hitch system. The previous ones, has SBricks for controll the model. This one has two IR recivers. Some of the people buying building instructions asked, if there was a chance to replace the sbrick, so I met the expectations. My favorite element of this model is the hood. It could be a standalone set from the creator series :D Fortunately for me, 1x1 brackets appeared, without them it would not be possible to build it.

Bunning Lowlander 105 mk4

The first problem I encountered when trying to build a spreader was the choice of the model itself. They are all divided into high and low frame ones. As I wanted to use agricultural tires, I chose the low frame. I chose the blue Bunning Lowlander. Very nice because it has detailed side boards, a lot of details and interesting colors scheme. In fact, the model is very simple. Its mechanisms are limited to sliding floor chains and spinning shafts. I added a tensioning mechanism for flor chains by using a shock absorber and it works very well. The whole thing looks good and I like it very much.

You can find building instructions here:

Selfy: https://sellfy.com/m1longer/

Rebrickable: https://rebrickable.com/users/M_longer/mocs/

The whole thing, although rather simple, gave me a lot of fun. Especially the spreader. Down below You can find photos and a short video presenting the possibilities of the set.

case_1455_and_bunning_1.jpg_thumb.jpg case_1455_and_bunning_2.jpg_thumb.jpg case_1455_and_bunning_3.jpg_thumb.jpg case_1455_and_bunning_4.jpg_thumb.jpg case_1455_and_bunning_5.jpg_thumb.jpg case_1455_and_bunning_6.jpg_thumb.jpg case_1455_1.jpg_thumb.jpg case_1455_2.jpg_thumb.jpg case_1455_3.jpg_thumb.jpg case_1455_4.jpg_thumb.jpg bunning_105mk4_1.jpg_thumb.jpg bunning_105mk4_2.jpg_thumb.jpg bunning_105mk4_3.jpg_thumb.jpg bunning_105mk4_4.jpg_thumb.jpg

You know I'm starting to be jealous how much you can make with your free time since I have none to work on my Fastrac... Really nice and realistic build (again). :thumbup:

Oh man, what a beauty!

Such clean lines and efficiency like the narrow turning radius.

This model again screams for 75...80 tires with tractor profile :-)

I loved that series of tractor when i was a kid, that and the earlier one when it was just IH, before the case takeover. I had all the brochures, but mid 80's technic wasn't as good... and i was 10.. so my efforts weren't very realistic! (4wd, steering and a realistic track width with the old 80mm(?) tyres... impossible!! but massive fun still...) Takes me back!! Awesome model!!

Edited by TeamThrifty

15 hours ago, I_Igor said:

You know I'm starting to be jealous how much you can make with your free time since I have none to work on my Fastrac... Really nice and realistic build (again). :thumbup:

Bad news for you. Another model will appear here in a month :D

15 hours ago, Jundis said:

This model again screams for 75...80 tires with tractor profile :-)

Definitely. I shout along with him. So far I have made this render. Isn't that beautiful?

119315280_3331104406983424_7182162401674

Edited by eric trax

@eric trax Render is beautiful :wub:

The only good news is that curved 3 x 13 panel fits hood line perfectly, so I have base, but need to see how to fill it to make it mostly technic...another one if TLC will make 94.8 tractor tire (And curved tapered panel 3 x 13 similar to one 5 studs wide in Sian, then new 8000 series jcb in 1:18 scale will be possible...but hen project that I work on since spring will be unusable since it is 1:15...

1 hour ago, eric trax said:

Definitely. I shout along with him. So far I have made this render. Isn't that beautiful?

Oh wow. Hope TLG is paying attention!

12 hours ago, eric trax said:

119315280_3331104406983424_7182162401674

A bit too many and too small treads on those front tires, I'd say. :)

That Case IH traktor is realy sweet though! Great job!

Edited by zoo

On 10/20/2020 at 9:09 AM, eric trax said:

I'm looking forward to see it. My models have all their own concept; so there is no same platform or something; specially as I'm trying to make models with less parts possible... If you asked me I'm happy with this tractor tire that we already have...

Kind regards my friend :classic: