Sign in to follow this  
mikaelsol

MOC: IKEA Bygglek tiny apartment

Hola!

I've built a tiny apartment in one of the IKEA/LEGO Bygglek boxes. Good fun!

The rooms are built on separate plates so they're easier to work on, and display on Eurobricks.com. 
(build video at the bottom)

0vmJYSgh.jpg

3T62VVNh.jpg

FFEEHGEh.jpg

FZoX8SHh.jpg

62tlRLXh.jpg

WVC5EaRh.jpg

PYdIlx7h.jpg

LOZ2P4qh.jpg

zmMCMsxh.jpg

8L33tkfh.jpg

Jiuiffqh.jpg

CSDb1AQh.jpg

Video

She's going to hurt her eyes sitting that close to the TV!   :laugh:

Nice build, and you've done a great job making a usable apartment in that space!

An IKEA apartment in an IKEA storage box. How meta is that. However, you do need a white piece to represent the Bygglek in the model.

Nice!

Altho, I think she's snowed in. And uses that time to watch her favourite movies and series?

I second the ingenuity of the drawer technique. I love these small contained builds. As an AFOL with a decently large collection, I couldn't think of a use for those boxes. This is a nice creative use for them.

Such a fun build. The under-bed storage is my favourite detail. It has the IKEA vibe all over - an efficient storage in tight spaces. :laugh: I haven't seen those IKEA boxes in person yet, and I have somewhat mixed feelings on how to use them (if owning them). But seeing your creation, it looks also like a nice travel options for kids to play with. With the apartment nicely stored away, and then taken out for some action and play.

Thank you for all the kind words!

I don't know it my latest build warrants a separate topic, so I'm gone leave the link to the video here, since it's super related to the first build.

I've realized that it's possible to fit bricks when you flipp the whole box on it's side.

This was the nudge I needed to order them!  I dont have an IKEA locally and was holding out until traveling was a responsible thing again but these look like such a fun winter build/challenge. Thanks for sharing!