evancelt

[MOC] Thin Blue Line

"Thin Blue Line"

The first line reloads while the second row takes aim. The third line waits their turn. The men are getting a head start on Movember so they can show up 24th Company in a few weeks.

---------

Wanted to reuse the little green clearing from The Duel before breaking it down, so made this.

Inspired by Ayrlego's redcoat MOC

thinblueline-1.jpg

Edited by evancelt

Nice work! I see you incorporated Bregir's suggestion for a ramrod in the off hand of the knelling rank. Personally I think the bars are a little too thick for ramrods. I don't have a realistic solution though... I have tried this piece as modelled by the soldier with the white epaulettes below. But it's probably a little short.

24975643604_0fce03be46_w.jpg

@evancelt You are building a nice army.  Though I personally tend to be purist, I can see some of the appeal of the custom shakos and the inclusion of bayonets.

@Ayrlego In my opinion, probably the best piece that TLG has made for a ramrod is this wand.  Due to limitations on size, there may never be a piece made that is more accurate and can be held by a minifigure (but you never know).  The taper is not realistic, but it give the illusion of thinness while still having an end large enough for a minifigure to grip.
Once I discovered this piece, I have been building up a stock for when I get back to work on ships some day, since I think they will also make good belaying pins.

1 minute ago, Slegengr said:

@evancelt You are building a nice army.  Though I personally tend to be purist, I can see some of the appeal of the custom shakos and the inclusion of bayonets.

@Ayrlego In my opinion, probably the best piece that TLG has made for a ramrod is this wand.  Due to limitations on size, there may never be a piece made that is more accurate and can be held by a minifigure (but you never know).  The taper is not realistic, but it give the illusion of thinness while still having an end large enough for a minifigure to grip.
Once I discovered this piece, I have been building up a stock for when I get back to work on ships some day, since I think they will also make good belaying pins.

Thanks and good tip about the wands! Will check that out.

I like to give bluecoats tan hats since it makes it easy to tell them apart from above vs. redcoats (black hats) and greencoats (white hats)

Great idea for ramrods. I will use those wands as drumstick too. They are great parts.