Sign in to follow this  
n1majneb

[S3-Kir-CE] Kir Royale

*Your entry has earned 4 XP*

Ever the explorer, Torak had discovered a series of holonet articles mentioning a terrific battle waged across Kir in the waning days of the Clone Wars as the Old Republic looked to secure it's currency source.

Whilst in the system, Torak investigates...

-

I'd heard of this planet before, more it's odd colouring and it's wealth of semi-precious gemstones just beneath the surface - but it's since been known for an epic battle which ravaged large swathes of the landscape.

Bringing the Abiik down i'd set out on foot to explore the landscape along with some Clansmen, 

We didn't discover a battle site, we uncovered a grave yard...

Torak investigates an old battle location of the clone wars on Kir,

Spoiler

A quick build, as a lot of my fellow Clan Eldar team had posted a few Clone Wars build here so I wanted to build similar with a twist

Additional photos:

Originally with Phase 1 but to keep in line with CE continuity I made a quick update ;)

Some more surface detail can also be seen too 

Edited by goatman461

Interesting small build. I like the color scheme. I don't recon that dark gray skeleton-like piece on the surface. From what set is it?

Dude, I was immediately struck by this. This build rules, as does the photography!
Feedback: Maybe the cave could've been a tiny bit more enclosed on those edges, but that's minor. I love the sand blue ground, that's so interesting. And that little lbg greeble thing is neat. The way the light comes through the gemstones is a really neat effect.

7 hours ago, dvogon said:

Interesting small build. I like the color scheme. I don't recon that dark gray skeleton-like piece on the surface. From what set is it?

It’s a Bionicle piece I believe but it’s also been used as a launcher trigger in an infinity war set

10 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

Honestly, I reckon this is one of your best builds so far. Really well done!

This came together within half hour and I’m really pleased with this!

46 minutes ago, Simulterious said:

Really strong aestethic and improve photography. Keep up the good work! 

Thanks!

8 hours ago, RocketBoy said:

Dude, I was immediately struck by this. This build rules, as does the photography!
Feedback: Maybe the cave could've been a tiny bit more enclosed on those edges, but that's minor. I love the sand blue ground, that's so interesting. And that little lbg greeble thing is neat. The way the light comes through the gemstones is a really neat effect.

I wasn’t sure whether I wanted to show a cave or a more open cast mine so kept this purposefully vague. The little mechanism I envisaged to be an old piece of mining machinery long since abandoned.

I’m surprised how well the sand blue works for the ground, it is unfortunate this is 100% of my sand blue pieces!

I’m also pleased that the trans pieces worked so well, I purposefully placed the bricks to show the white background through them