Sign in to follow this  
Corweena

[OKT - SR] Punto Sur Biergarten

Welcome to the Punto Sur Biergarten, the location of choice for all your Oktoberfest celebrations. Drinks, food, music.....we have it all! Come in, sit down, grab a pint with your mates, and partake in all the mouthwatering morsels our kitchen prepares. Steak, brätwurst, turkey legs, laugenbrezeln, biscuits...all of our food is prepared by our owners (the Schroeder family). And to wet your whistle, we pour only the finest brews and beverages from throughout the New Haven Sea, highlighted by our home-brewed keg of Dastardly Dirk's Doppelbock. For entertainment, our very own band Das Tuba commands the stage, performing some of their hit songs "Punto Sur State of Mind", "Tubaback", and "Twilight of the Beer Gods". Set aside your worries, grievances, faction rivalries (unless someone insults your mother, then fisticuffs are permitted....as appears to be the case between a few inebriated soldiers :pir-grin:). Enjoy the company of friends and strangers alike, stuff your bellies, drink 'til you can't see straight, plan your next move on Terraversa, and enjoy this glorious Oktoberfest season. Once you enter our gates, you'll never want to leave!

Front gate:

50474861971_38ff575663_c.jpg

Overall View:

50474161058_7fe1ee8bba_c.jpg

50474861856_6d64426fba_c.jpg

The Kitchen:

50474861936_77b30867da_c.jpg

Stage Area & Tables

50483905938_d9efd59fab_c.jpg

The Bar Area

50489209276_16d9542c04_c.jpg

A giddy Sea Rat looks on in glee as two drunken soldiers settle their dispute with some fisticuffs. Also, a hook makes for a great sausage utensil over the hot grill :pir-grin:

50492933147_46f35f6dd3_c.jpg

To be Licensed as a Large Artisan in Punto Sur.

I did not plan on doing a digital build for the Oktoberfest challenge, but at the beginning of the month, I started a new job, and for my first two weeks I am training at a location a few hours from home, so I am away from my bricks. However, being away from home with nothing but work occupying my day, I have plenty of time to mess around on Stud.io, so I decided to go all in for the contest. I did my best to capture the colors and style set by @Capt Wolf in his trading post build, while incorporating both classic and modern Pirates elements. I also threw in some Oktoberfest flair (at least what Google tells me its looks like, don't hang me if its wrong :pir_laugh2:), and a variety of characters seen in the BoBS universe. I spent waaaayyyy too much time on this, but it was a blast creating the scene, and a challenge to translate some techniques to digital building. Enjoy!

Edited by Corweena

A well-done classic biergarten! And the kitchen definitely fits the Classic Pirates style of Punto Sur. Strong entry! :pir-huzzah2:

Excellent! I am suddenly having an urge to drink some beer (and eat a lot of kartoffelsalat und wurstchen - damn you umlauten!) :pir-grin:

Wouw! the bar, the grill, the kitchenhouse, the blue and white Bavarian Pattern, it all fits perfectly. So many details to enjoy and very diverse set of minifigs! Great entry!

11 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

A well-done classic biergarten! And the kitchen definitely fits the Classic Pirates style of Punto Sur. Strong entry! :pir-huzzah2:

Thank you Capt.! I tried to recreate your building style best I could, while throwing in my own little flare. 

9 hours ago, Count Vroskri said:

Wow, so much awesome fig Posing! 

I think I spent more time on creating and posing minifigs, than the whole rest of the build. It takes FOREVER, and each one was created from scratch in place. Not sure I ever want to digitally build this many again LOL. 

7 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

Excellent! I am suddenly having an urge to drink some beer (and eat a lot of kartoffelsalat und wurstchen - damn you umlauten!) :pir-grin:

Thank you! 

24 minutes ago, Fraunces said:

Wouw! the bar, the grill, the kitchenhouse, the blue and white Bavarian Pattern, it all fits perfectly. So many details to enjoy and very diverse set of minifigs! Great entry!

Thanks! There are a lot of little details I tried to add, that often can be overlooked. Hopefully the more detailed shots I'm rendering will highlight those a bit more. 

6 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

This turned out fantastic!

54 minutes ago, neonic said:

Looks great and very convival
Beer and food, I want to go :pir-huzzah2:

Thank you gentlemen, I appreciate the kind words!

ALL detail shots are rendered and added to the first post!

That's a beautiful arrangement. :sweet: The layout encourages the eye to wander and the overhanging stage is a neat feature. I'm trying to figure out how you built that tuba for, uh, some reason. :grin: Judging from the contents of their table, do those 3 redcoats even know what *hic* month it is by now? I've never done anything digitally but I'll take you for your word regarding posing the minifigs; at any rate it turned out well. :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Captain Dee said:

That's a beautiful arrangement. :sweet: The layout encourages the eye to wander and the overhanging stage is a neat feature. I'm trying to figure out how you built that tuba for, uh, some reason. :grin: Judging from the contents of their table, do those 3 redcoats even know what *hic* month it is by now? I've never done anything digitally but I'll take you for your word regarding posing the minifigs; at any rate it turned out well. :thumbup:

Thank you. I worked hard to spread out the design, and as well as not build everything at right angles to each other. And the stage was probably one of the harder bits to do....just building it digitally and getting it to hang off the end and extend to the rest of the base smoothly, was a challenge. And yeah.....not sure about the redcoats, 2 of the 3 at the table appear to be almost gone (plus the other one fighting :pir-huzzah1:). And yes, with minifig posing, I had initially built them off to the side of the base, then tried to move and pose them on the build. Learned pretty quick its easier to just build the minifig piece by piece in the location you want them in. 

For the tuba, I used Google to get ideas (same with my accordion), and borrowed most of my design from this one here. I did change a few things, for a more fluid design, and also for posing purposes. 

htbheq9dawo21.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Excellent build @Corweena, and an easy contender for first place. The posing, is excellent, and I love the character of each table. The instruments, the detail, it all comes together for a busy, excellent scene.

Nice Oktoberfest beer garden. You met the Oktoberfest flair well. The blue and white pattern fits perfectly with Bavaria. I like the many details.

A very recognizable scene! The blonde waitress with the dirndl dress carries huge pitchers of beer is the quintessential Oktoberfest image for me. The allround use of white and blue ties helps identify this feast as a proper Oktoberfest. Very lively an great MOC!

The way you did the instruments is something else, wow. That tuba is mindblowing. Great parts usage there!

Fantastic work Corweena! For me the band steals the show here - brilliant brickbuilt instruments. A great entry - well done!

On 10/16/2020 at 1:07 AM, Mesabi said:

Excellent build @Corweena, and an easy contender for first place. The posing, is excellent, and I love the character of each table. The instruments, the detail, it all comes together for a busy, excellent scene.

Thank you! I definitely tried to give each table a unique flair and character to set it apart from the others. 

On 10/17/2020 at 10:41 AM, NOD said:
Nice Oktoberfest beer garden. You met the Oktoberfest flair well. The blue and white pattern fits perfectly with Bavaria. I like the many details.

Thank you for the kind words!

On 10/17/2020 at 10:55 AM, Khorne said:

A very recognizable scene! The blonde waitress with the dirndl dress carries huge pitchers of beer is the quintessential Oktoberfest image for me. The allround use of white and blue ties helps identify this feast as a proper Oktoberfest. Very lively an great MOC!

The way you did the instruments is something else, wow. That tuba is mindblowing. Great parts usage there!

Thank you! That waitress with the beer was one of the first ones I had in mind when designing the scene. Even here in America, that's one of the biggest Oktoberfest visuals you will see. 

And thanks, I think the instruments are my favorite part as well. 

On 10/17/2020 at 5:44 PM, Ayrlego said:

Fantastic work Corweena! For me the band steals the show here - brilliant brickbuilt instruments. A great entry - well done!

Thank you!