Sign in to follow this  
Ayrlego

[ESL] Post Master's House and Office, Otoño

The sleepy Eslandolan settlement of Hojaroja only contains a handful of settlers, but like all Madricians in the New World, they like to keep in touch with loved ones back home or across other settlements. For such a reason, a post master has recently been appointed to service the settlement. The Eslandolan postal service not only sends and receives mail and newspapers from across the brick seas, it also can act as a bank in the absence of any formal banking in the settlement by arranging letters of credit to be sent and received. The post masters wears his official uniform, and is proud to serve the people on this beautiful island. Usually he likes to deliver mail on foot, but he does keep a horse for more distant deliveries.

50473954626_68c8438025_c.jpg

A build for @The Neighborhood Merchant as a partial down-payment for his Class 7 HMS Legion. I will license as a medium commerce on his account. I love building for Otoño (although I've never really been much of a fan of the settlement name :pir_tong2:) and have contributed two builds in the past after the Nova Malto faux pas. I do love a good autumn scene!!!! Hope you enjoy as well.

Yes, yes, and YES :wub_drool:! I couldn't have asked for more, thank you Ayrlego! The settlement of Otoño will certainly appreciate a postal hub.

Your landscaping and rustic commerce building style just keep getting better and better. Such an elegant look and surely one of my all-time favorites. The balcony is definitely my favorite aspect. Those vertical 1 x 2 tiles really complete the look of it. I love that you did the roof in black and those olive green accents for the landscaping are just wonderful.

This is excellent, what a great read/build! 

Beautiful house in an autumn landscape. The half-timbering house, the colored leaves of the trees and bushes, the landscape that is covered by the falling leaves.

Everything is beautiful!:pir-love:

3 hours ago, NOD said:

Everything is beautiful!:pir-love:

I can do nothing but agree. This is perfect and should be frontpaged. I love every detail, from the Snot sides to the path and the building itself. Well done, keep up the good work! 

The balcony is very nice, but are those 8x1 brown tiles on top loose?

The lamp is amazing. How do you find these creative ideas man.. Just wow.

Those fall colors are glorious! And I love how the construction of the building is split between stone and wood. 

Gorgeous build @Ayrlego, as always when you build here. The Brickwork looks great in contrast with the tan, and the autumn colours. Great job!

Thanks all!

On 10/15/2020 at 1:51 PM, evancelt said:

Is the green torso photoshopped or a sticker?

It's just a print on normal paper that is stuck onto a torso with a glue stick. Simple but effective. My Photoshop skills (or lack thereof) wouldn't be up to the task of modifying it!

5 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

Thanks all!

It's just a print on normal paper that is stuck onto a torso with a glue stick. Simple but effective. My Photoshop skills (or lack thereof) wouldn't be up to the task of modifying it!

Very cool. Looks great

Thought I had commented on this already but I guess that was on Flickr.  Awesome fall coloring here, and a very cool layout with the A roof coming over the balcony.

Whatever you MOC seems to be amazing. This one is no exception.

Everything is so well in place, the proportions always seem just right, and you never see any flaws in the execution.

And yet there is still always something new, like the orange-leave-tree. And there are always some small details to love, like the 1x1 small round plates lying around on the right side, or the small mushroom, which just add depth and realism. Just all around amazing.

This makes me want to move to a country that has proper forests and autumns :pir-love: Gorgeous stuff, thanks for buying that beautiful ship!