Sign in to follow this  
Lasse

[MOC] Greek Temple

Typical temple from the Ancient Greece.

Inspired by:
Parthenon in Athens, Greece (built in 447-432 BC)
Temple of Hephaestus in Athens, Greece (built in 449-415 BC)
Erechtheion in Athens, Greece (built in 421-406 BC)

46841290665_400cd58b30_c.jpg

46841288495_27d705ab80_c.jpg

This building is a part of a series of 21 buildings built in different architectural styles. Each building is built on one 32x32 baseplate: https://www.flickr.com/photos/66344850@N06/albums/72157708211032315

There is some great stuff in the flickr link. I love the use of sausages in the arches.

the Roof looks great indeed.
I like the whole build. the Colors looks good too and I like those statues :classic:

6 hours ago, Ragana9289 said:

Amazing model! Why is Athena standing with her back to the entrance ?

I turned her around when I photographed the model because I thought it would look better on the photo.

I like this one a lot! Not huge and sweeping, but it still manages to encompass a certain grandeur. I don't know if it's an established technique that's escaping my mind or if it's something you've innovated here, but I can't fathom how you pulled off the different-level roof tiles.

21 hours ago, Alexandrina said:

I like this one a lot! Not huge and sweeping, but it still manages to encompass a certain grandeur. I don't know if it's an established technique that's escaping my mind or if it's something you've innovated here, but I can't fathom how you pulled off the different-level roof tiles.

It is actually a very simple technique. I take advantage of the fact that 1x2 tiles have no bottom tubes.

I invented the technique in 2012 when I built these Greek houses. At that time, I had not seen others use this technique. But it would surprise me if I was the first to have figured it out.

8522205080_c7bd108a8d_c.jpg

The Greek houses were part of a large Greek layout: https://www.flickr.com/photos/66344850@N06/albums/72157632900664334

Very good construction. I like the floor and roof. Thanks for sharing. :)