Man, that stupid part sells for $5 or more on bricklink. I can't believe people would pay so much for it. Well, I suppose that all the minifigs will be like $4 each and all the best rare parts will dissapear in just a few days. *devil* Oh, well. Something more for bricklink sellers to rob us with. *devil* *devil* *devil* Maybe I should go buy up all of a certain part and then only offer to trade it for the other rare parts people buy up. :oD

No, that will never work I don't have that kind of money. Besides that would be cruel to all of the rest of Eurobricks. I passed the trial, I shall go into the west and remain Nospecialbrickial. Maybe they will have some nice parts I can buy anyway.

Excellent news anyway Ras. $2 for that piece with shipping included seems like a fair deal.

No licensed minifigs? Does this mean no Star Wars figs because that was the only reason that I would use this.

This yet arouses another question:

Can we order parts of the licensed figs? I want some of those "normal" torsos found in Spiderman and Harry Potter sets...

Guys, again lets see what possible first, before we speculate too much :)

Guys, again lets see what possible first, before we speculate too much :)

Ah, we're just mulling over the new information Ras gave us, T. Besides, it launches in a few days (at least in the US ;)). We're excited!

I still think the pieces will be extremely limited, esp. with minifigs that encourage people to buy larger sets for more (like Vikings). I was thinking that this whole "pick-a-brick" program would be limited to what you could build in the Lego Designer Program based on certain piece selections. - I do, however, hope I am wrong and everything is available.

I still think the pieces will be extremely limited, esp. with minifigs that encourage people to buy larger sets for more (like Vikings). I was thinking that this whole "pick-a-brick" program would be limited to what you could build in the Lego Designer Program based on certain piece slections. - I do, however, hope I am wrong and everything is available.

Considering that the quarter-disc from the original Falcon was available (at least in the test run), I think we can definitely expect this to be more than just a selection of bricks and slopes. How far that will extend into the past or the present, I don't know. It might be that they don't sell parts from sets that are still in production so that their sales don't drop. Still, whichever way, I think we can expect this to be really cool.

Won't it be just the left overs LEGO is trying to get rid of? Kinda like an online Pick A Brick? Or will LEGO actually manufacture additional pieces for the very purpose of this online exploit?

I couldn't care less what the plan in regards to making. The must have at least some of the parts I want. If they open it up to everything currently stockpiled that will be enough for me.

I hope this works out well for everybody and there is a wide scope of parts to choose from... different people will choose different stuff.

I always wanted Shop @ Home to be a great Amazon.com for lego... I just don't see a reason why TLC can't do a mega-online-shop lots better than Bricklink... It is their product, after all, isn't it.

Also, they need to start shipping worldwide right now!

Waiting for Monday with credit card at hand |-D

Relax guys, nothing in the US or French S@H as of now, it will probably be delayed a couple days !!!!

am still waiting in anticipation !!!

I thought it was only available in the North America in August, and everyone else has to wait until next year? Here's the quote from the European sites:

Then, coming next year, you'll be able to order the bricks and elements to build your custom LEGO Factory creations in the real world

And here's the quote from the American site:

Then, coming in August to North America, you'll be able to order the bricks and elements to build your custom LEGO Factory creations in the real world

ok i called lego direct today, and i ordered some parts of set 6600 the straight road parts and a couple of minifigs.

It is not placed on the lego.com or s@h but you can order parts now at lego direct.

I didn't need a credit card, i expext a bill or banktransfer. *satis* *satis* *satis*

for quick ordering use peeron parts or set numbers!!!!

regards rutger

netherlands

OK, a call to the US LEGO Direct found that this system is NOT in place in the US. The customer service rep did not have any information about this program and didn't even know when the LEGO Factory ordering system would be launched. Yes, I know that these are claimed to be two separate ordering systems, but the rep did not know about either one!

There have been rumors that Europeans have had a bulk ordering system in place for years, perhaps this is what you are tapping into?

-just some FYI

-Jeramy

NO!! We have been looking forward to this day, and now we have this unfortunate news. *sigh* >:(

Oh well, I guess it was too good to be true. Least here in the U.S we will hopefully get the Factory ordering system soon. LEGO has lived up to MOST its promises.

Remember, LEGO never actually said anything about this. Some guy told us. So do not blame LEGO for we have no proof that they said anything.