Great news! However, I'm still confused about some aspects of this:

1. How many pieces can a set have?

2. How many pieces of each element can be in each set?

3. How long will the process take, since the pieces might be varied?

Great news! However, I'm still confused about some aspects of this:

1. How many pieces can a set have?

2. How many pieces of each element can be in each set?

3. How long will the process take, since the pieces might be varied?

I don't know those details; we'll have to wait for august.

Personallly I would expect a palette similar to the contest, but that's speculation on my part.

I suppose the answer now is, try to design something containing the parts that you want (subject to availability of course).

The main problem now is, what parts will be available ?

well i got the designer program and there is indeed a reference to pabs and ordering bricks, so this news makes some sense to me now... however, the list of parts is really limited and not particular what i was hoping for...

OMG I really really want mini figs. My friend and i play WARHAMMER with our lego armies. *wub*

I really don't think there are going to be minifigures. You see, on the first couple of pages, it was believed to for LEGO to provide a online "bulk order" service. But later, that was confirmed to be a rumor. Now, it is believed that on August 1st, there would be a similar service, but with a limited amount/selection of bricks. This is why I think the minifigure ordering won't be available.

Arnt not baseplates all ready aval.? if not could some kind creature tell me which ones are not. Thanks

Yes, most baseplates are already available, including:

-Basic green baseplate

-Basic blue basplate

-Large grey baseplate

-a varity of roadplates

P.S. Try to use the edit button...it is available on all the posts that you type. ;)

and still at 1 of august you will be able to order separte parts. Today somebody els got confirmation from lego direct. factory will be availble but got nothing to do with this.

remember the 1 of august will change the world of lego building!

If this is true, that makes it twice as better! I really do hope that this is true. The details may be vague, but if it works out, then I'm speechless! :oD

http://shop.lego.com/Factory/

they added a little something about it on their web site today

bottom of page

Experience LEGO Factory Today!

Use the LEGO Factory website and Digital Designer to create your own incredible models! Then, coming in August to North America, you'll be able to order the bricks and elements to build your custom LEGO Factory creations in the real world - just like the Factory sets shown here!

so i guess it will be only the color/element that is available to the Digital Designer that can be ordered

V1.4 is coming soon the web site says, I sure hope they add minifig elements in the new version

Seems the US are getting the Lego Factory first. Whilst on the US site it says coming in august, in Europe it says 'next year'. :(

Use the LEGO Factory website and Digital Designer to create your own incredible models! Then, coming next year, you'll be able to order the bricks and elements to build your custom LEGO Factory creations in the real world - just like the Factory sets shown here!

News, thanks to Ras74:

- You can buy anything, so long as it's in stock

- They're not sure if it'll be operational by Aug. 1st

- No licensed minifigures will be available

- They will use the same part numbers as Peeron

- Price will apparently be according to size; there was a test run in Germany, a friend of Ras's got one of the quarter-disc pieces from the old Falcon for $2 or $3

Maybe more to come. This sounds fantastic! The Vikings are mine....... allllllll mine.

"Anything, as long as it is in stock."?

Does this mean the pieces before 2000 or eariler, or does it only apply to pieces on or after 2000?

Also, even if it isn't going to be operational by August 1st, then I hope it will be worked out by the end of August (before I go back to school), because I have a big project I'm itching to finish!

Thanks for the info, Ras 74 and Bloody Jay!

Anything, as long as they have it in stock.

It meens EVERYTHING!

So I don

30116px1.jpg Do you mean this?

That is no great price $2 or $3. Not that I looked up what it cost on bricklink or anything but I would not want to pay those types of prices for just one part unless it was a really great part. I wonder what types of cost simple parts will have. Will the color make a difference or is it all based on weight?

What a dilema. So many questions. I guess we wil have to wait and see what LEGO does with this.

* difficulties breathing*

*sing* YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

*sing* Me really excited !!!!!!

Tks Ras and Jay for this fantastic news :oD ;)

That is the piece SuvieD.

I think the price will depend on how big it is.

And also the shipping cost.

I think it was included in that price as well.

Anytime Yoda, anytime!!