Sign in to follow this  
goatman461

[V8 - Malagarr - CFS] Desolate Habitat

*Your entry has earned 7 XP*

Researcher Cephas Oray Guellah continues her research with two thousand year old droid, F-5R, survivor of the massive reactor meltdown that irradiated the planet's population.

50463824432_72e0b51cd8_b.jpg

Cephas hides out amongst the cogs of machinery, where local pirates, mad scientists, and Reavers have difficulty detecting her equipment. 

50462961118_3c08df5109_b.jpg

One day she hopes to unlock the secrets Malagarr's surviving crustaceans have in withstanding the planet's radiation so that she can heal so many victims across the galaxy.

Spoiler

Edited by goatman461

Great radioactive setup!

The red rocks fit perfect in such a hostile environment. The details are top notch, specially the almost hidden red crab!

I knew somebody else must think of those hardhat pieces as robot eyes :laugh:! But I don't think anybody but you would look at those flex track pieces and see a decorative element! Really a stroke of brilliance to use them to get the most out of a cramped area. I love the fact that you don't use it as just another mechanical detail, but as something that really tells part of the story. Reading about this meltdown and radiation I immediately visualized things melting and bending, and that part with all of those curved features that look like they once were straight is perfect for that! Add to that the color palette, and I can really see the heat coming from your creation. Maybe a cool thought would be to also add some transparent pieces or darker pieces to suggest parts of the surroundings that are damp by steam or something like that (and would be a nice link to how those crustaceans might survive...)?

Anyway, thanks for the great scene and for putting the flex track pieces in the 'to be used ina future MOC' category in my head!